• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New from West Virginia

ova

Hey all, Dave here from Ohio Valley Awards. Been reading much and posting little. I've probably written this before, but here goes again. We're an awards and sign shop located in Wheeling, WV. Been in business since 2000. We ( my wife and I) decided to go into business instead of losing all our money in the stock market. I put 12.5 years in the coal mines and another 18 in a steel mill only to lose too much of our retirement in the dreaded 401k savings. We purchased a sign shop first. I started installing decals on some race cars for the previous owner and when he wanted to sell, we bought. A couple of years later we purchased the awards shop from a guy who wanted to re-locate. Not doing too bad so far.

We signed up as a Merchant Member hoping to drum up some business. So far no luck, but it's still early and not too many members knew we existed.

On the awards side we do the standard trophies and acrylic figures. With the plaques, we can either sublimate pictures and text on to aluminum or engrave. We have the capability to engrave any company logo and even a picture of a person. For now we can only engrave on a flat surface.

As far as signs, we do the standard aluminum, corplast, PVC, and banners. We aslo do vehicle lettering.

Thanks for all your time and hope to be a benifit to someone in the future.

Dave and Paula

OldPaint

welcome from a fellow STEEL MILL WORKER, and my dad and his family was COAL MINERS from AVELLA, PA.
i worked at WEIRTON STEEL, with a lot of people from follensbee, wellsbugh, fairmont. lot of my freinds worked the coal mines down rt #88!!!!

ova

Thanks OldPaint. We usually try to get to Florida to watch the Winternational Dirt Reacing. If I ever get back down that way, I'll bring a couple dozen snowballs and we can have an old fashion snowball fight. there's plenty here right now.