Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New from West Virginia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ova, Mar 1, 2010.

1. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Hey all, Dave here from Ohio Valley Awards. Been reading much and posting little. I've probably written this before, but here goes again. We're an awards and sign shop located in Wheeling, WV. Been in business since 2000. We ( my wife and I) decided to go into business instead of losing all our money in the stock market. I put 12.5 years in the coal mines and another 18 in a steel mill only to lose too much of our retirement in the dreaded 401k savings. We purchased a sign shop first. I started installing decals on some race cars for the previous owner and when he wanted to sell, we bought. A couple of years later we purchased the awards shop from a guy who wanted to re-locate. Not doing too bad so far.

We signed up as a Merchant Member hoping to drum up some business. So far no luck, but it's still early and not too many members knew we existed.

On the awards side we do the standard trophies and acrylic figures. With the plaques, we can either sublimate pictures and text on to aluminum or engrave. We have the capability to engrave any company logo and even a picture of a person. For now we can only engrave on a flat surface.

As far as signs, we do the standard aluminum, corplast, PVC, and banners. We aslo do vehicle lettering.

Thanks for all your time and hope to be a benifit to someone in the future.

Dave and Paula

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

welcome from a fellow STEEL MILL WORKER, and my dad and his family was COAL MINERS from AVELLA, PA.
    i worked at WEIRTON STEEL, with a lot of people from follensbee, wellsbugh, fairmont. lot of my freinds worked the coal mines down rt #88!!!!

3. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Thanks OldPaint. We usually try to get to Florida to watch the Winternational Dirt Reacing. If I ever get back down that way, I'll bring a couple dozen snowballs and we can have an old fashion snowball fight. there's plenty here right now.

4. BobbyFosson

BobbyFosson Member

Feb 25, 2007
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA............................

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Welcome to a outstanding forum and people

7. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    Thanks Guys, I just set up my merchant listing. Let me know what it needs

8. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor