• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New guy!!!

Kenny Raynor

Hello all, My name is Kenny and I am located in NC. I have ordered a cutter and am doing this to save myself some money. My oldest son races Karts and trying to save money on new graphics. Plus I enjoy graphics. I am not in this to make any money or even compete with anyone. I will be on here alot to find out what the heck i am supposed to be doing. So thanks in advance.
Kenny Raynor:U Rock:

Shovelhead

Not a good start Kenny...others here may feel different...but you're taking money out of your local sign guy's pocket to fuel your racing habit.
I should adhere to the "If you can't say something nice" rule....but I am passionate about this.
:rolleyes:

Kenny Raynor

I am doing this as a hobby for myself because I enjoy working with graphics and it will save me money along the way. Yes to put money into our racing habit. I understand he our sign guy has to make a living, and I have sent him several other customers that spend much more than me. I have also talked to him and he understands. Who knows this may be a new career for me. Not trying to step on anyones toes.
Kenny Raynor
www.RAYNORRACING.com

Replicator

774075bb.gif

signmeup

Hello all, My name is Kenny and I am located in NC. I have ordered a cutter and am doing this to save myself some money. My oldest son races Karts and trying to save money on new graphics. Plus I enjoy graphics. I am not in this to make any money or even compete with anyone. I will be on here alot to find out what the heck i am supposed to be doing. So thanks in advance.
Kenny Raynor:U Rock:
Why not compromise? Design your own decals and have the local guy make them for you? Send the plotter back and spend the money on the decals. Come to think of it, decals don't make the kart faster or safer....spend the money on gas and rubber.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Hi...lol
It would be far less expensive to do the art work and have your sign guy make it for you. Vinyl don't keep for ever and if you buy hobby sized pieces it will cost a bit more and you will still get a lot of waste. There are people on here that will cut the vinyl for you if you can't get it locally.

SignManiac

Hey its a free country. Let the guy make his own stuff. I'm sure 90% of the shops on this board started out doing the same thing.

Who really cares if he wants to do it and he has no obligation to buy from a local guy if he doesn't want to. I've lost count as to the number of new start ups in my town cutting vinyl. Most end up going out of business.

I have no right to tell somebody they can't start a vinyl business. So I did the smart thing and got out of the vinyl work. I guess I should thank those guys. It's still a free country last I heard.

Kenny Raynor

WOW,! thanks for those who may understand a little. I don't know exactly what to say to all the warm responses. Can't wait till I have any questions.
Kenny

Cadmn

you did the wrong thing if you want to "Save Money"you will waste more trying to figure it out :)