Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion New HP Latex 570

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by MGB_LE, Dec 3, 2019 at 1:07 PM.

1. MGB_LE

MGB_LE Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    The box is still crated. We're supplementing our EFI H1625 LED. We're going with Onyx 19 for the RIP. Last we used Onyx X Postershop was back in 2014 when the EFI replaced a HP 5500 aqueous machine.

We mainly do educational wall charts, pop up banners, and grommeted banners. We also have a Colex flatbed cutter, which I'm hoping will work well with Onyx output off the HP.

What wisdom can the group share to get us off to a good start with Latex?

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    I suggest you take a look at CALDERA RIP before onyx. Much better rip with much better support. As for the latex, make sure you do correct profiling in your installed environment. Do not use the can profiles provided by the tech. Push your install tech to create profiles for each of your most used materials while he is on site.. very important if not the most important part of the install

good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  3. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    • Like Like x 2
  4. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Do you know the HP Latex 570? It have an integrated easy profiling assistant. With this, it doesn't make any sense to let the tech create profiles, it is much better to let the tech train the user to create his own profiles when he needs them. Of course its nice to let the tech makes the job ... but what if the user gets new media a few weeks later? Helping people to help themselves is very easy with that machines.

Caldera is with no doubt a good RIP. But don't forget to tell the people that Caldera isn't a Windows RIP. So they need a Mac or a PC set up with Linux for that software.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tyler Birch

Tyler Birch New Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Columbus, OH
    It is good to be familiar with the pre-profiling function of the 570 but I think they're referring to the small changes that need to be made to many premade profiles to account for differences in temp., altitude, humidity, changes in product.

It's always a good idea to have your tech be familiar with the troubleshooting techniques to get the best performance from your profiles. HP has plenty of informative videos that should get you started on that path :

• Like Like x 1
  6. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    It is not a pre-profiling function. All Latex 500 and some of the Latex 300 have functionality to create a complete media profile including linearization and creation of an ICC-Profile with a built in i1 Spectrophotometer.

It is very low on functionality (e. g. no possibility to set GCR/UCR), but the results are good enough for most users.

Some other models like the 315/335 can only do linearization, with that machines you are right. But not with the 570.

7. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    I am assuming this printer is new...it should come with training...