• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion New HP Latex 570

MGB_LE

The box is still crated. We're supplementing our EFI H1625 LED. We're going with Onyx 19 for the RIP. Last we used Onyx X Postershop was back in 2014 when the EFI replaced a HP 5500 aqueous machine.

We mainly do educational wall charts, pop up banners, and grommeted banners. We also have a Colex flatbed cutter, which I'm hoping will work well with Onyx output off the HP.

What wisdom can the group share to get us off to a good start with Latex?

HulkSmash

I suggest you take a look at CALDERA RIP before onyx. Much better rip with much better support. As for the latex, make sure you do correct profiling in your installed environment. Do not use the can profiles provided by the tech. Push your install tech to create profiles for each of your most used materials while he is on site.. very important if not the most important part of the install

good luck.

FrankW

As for the latex, make sure you do correct profiling in your installed environment. Do not use the can profiles provided by the tech. Push your install tech to create profiles for each of your most used materials while he is on site.. very important if not the most important part of the install

Do you know the HP Latex 570? It have an integrated easy profiling assistant. With this, it doesn't make any sense to let the tech create profiles, it is much better to let the tech train the user to create his own profiles when he needs them. Of course its nice to let the tech makes the job ... but what if the user gets new media a few weeks later? Helping people to help themselves is very easy with that machines.

Caldera is with no doubt a good RIP. But don't forget to tell the people that Caldera isn't a Windows RIP. So they need a Mac or a PC set up with Linux for that software.

Tyler Birch

Do you know the HP Latex 570? It have an integrated easy profiling assistant. With this, it doesn't make any sense to let the tech create profiles, it is much better to let the tech train the user to create his own profiles when he needs them. Of course its nice to let the tech makes the job ... but what if the user gets new media a few weeks later? Helping people to help themselves is very easy with that machines.

Caldera is with no doubt a good RIP. But don't forget to tell the people that Caldera isn't a Windows RIP. So they need a Mac or a PC set up with Linux for that software.

It is good to be familiar with the pre-profiling function of the 570 but I think they're referring to the small changes that need to be made to many premade profiles to account for differences in temp., altitude, humidity, changes in product.

It's always a good idea to have your tech be familiar with the troubleshooting techniques to get the best performance from your profiles. HP has plenty of informative videos that should get you started on that path :

FrankW

It is not a pre-profiling function. All Latex 500 and some of the Latex 300 have functionality to create a complete media profile including linearization and creation of an ICC-Profile with a built in i1 Spectrophotometer.

It is very low on functionality (e. g. no possibility to set GCR/UCR), but the results are good enough for most users.

Some other models like the 315/335 can only do linearization, with that machines you are right. But not with the 570.

Gabil

Gary
I suggest you take a look at CALDERA RIP before onyx. Much better rip with much better support. As for the latex, make sure you do correct profiling in your installed environment. Do not use the can profiles provided by the tech. Push your install tech to create profiles for each of your most used materials while he is on site.. very important if not the most important part of the install

good luck.

No tech in the world will drain his valuable time to create profiles for a customer. He will rather train how to properly create them.

MGB_LE

The paper company we purchased from did do some cursory training on the printer AND Onyx, but it was roughly half a day. It got us printing, but often this is the challenge with a new machine: we don't know what we don't know, so coming up with the right questions isn't so easy. It's been a month so NOW there are challenging questions I could ask. I'm glad I have you folks, along with Google.

karst41

The 560/70 is a whole new animal, and due to ability to increase ink density the SO Diffusion mode has gone bye bye, and there are some colors these printers are not going to hit. At least not with FS, Wasatch, Onyx19.

I have been able to fool the system by using an intermediate vinyl profile jacked up to 120% density, while using 1J180 cv3.

The ink will be a oily to touch so you will have to use the Inter pass delay.
This adds a 1/2 second delay between each pass of the carriage. or in other words, a touch more drying time. Bingo!
You can also up the temps in the same window as the inter pass delay.

Learn this feature and use it to your advantage.

Hope this helps

greysquirrel

Your reseller should be able to come back out and spend some additional time with you seeing how you are new to the game.(and if they value consumable business from you) don't be afraid to ask them. They are reimbursed by Epson to install the printer and provide training. If you are not comfortable, have them come back out. If they refuse, contact Epson and they will have a field engineer contact you and if they deem necessary, come onsite themself.

Never let a reseller drop and run a product on you....especially if you are leasing. Never sign off or make final payment until you are 100% satisfied with the service or product you just purchased.