• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW HP Latex L370 4th Generation

ProColorGraphics

That would take a TON of ink usage to make up for the $7k difference. If I remember right when I checked, the 3 liter boxes ended up like 5¢ per ml cheaper.

That would take a TON of ink usage to make up for the $7k difference. If I remember right when I checked, the 3 liter boxes ended up like 5¢ per ml cheaper.

When I checked the ink was 3liter for $375 and 775ml for $135 Exactly .05 a ml cheaper. Gonna have to do more then that. I can print all day already without changing a set of ink out.

nate

Anyone have one yet? Worth the $7K more than the L360?

This isn't the 4th Gen-- it's simply the 3rd gen w/ bulk ink. The 360 is fast enough to warrant this in some cases. Unfortunately in our part of the world HP is not letting 360 owners upgrade to the new bulk ink. Other parts of the world are able to get this. From my stand point it'd be a great feature to have. But your mileage may vary.

FrankW

This isn't the 4th Gen-- it's simply the 3rd gen w/ bulk ink.

Exactly.

It will take around 10'000 to 15'000 square meters (depending on the price for the 3 Liter ink cartridges you get and the average ink coverage) to get the money back.

An other advantage is that the printer don't need to stop when replacing the ink cartridge, the cartridges are hot swappable. Nice to have when printing unattended.

danno

Can the 370 print a 150' or 164' roll of vinyl at once without melting the print heads?

Can the 370 print a 150' or 164' roll of vinyl at once without melting the print heads?

Assuming they haven't changed anything from the 360 then yes. I print full rolls 150' long on full heat with no problems on my L360. Did the same with my L255001st gen never had an issue with melting heads. Not sure where that comes from. Sounds like you may have had a bad heater or heat sensor that wasn't heating your unit correctly.

danno

Assuming they haven't changed anything from the 360 then yes. I print full rolls 150' long on full heat with no problems on my L360. Did the same with my L255001st gen never had an issue with melting heads. Not sure where that comes from. Sounds like you may have had a bad heater or heat sensor that wasn't heating your unit correctly.

Probably just me. We have a L26500 that has had head and temperature issues. I am currently getting 1500 - 2000ml life from the print heads. HP has advised me to not run lengths longer that 280"- 300" at one time.

nate

Probably just me. We have a L26500 that has had head and temperature issues. I am currently getting 1500 - 2000ml life from the print heads. HP has advised me to not run lengths longer that 280"- 300" at one time.

You do realize that the heads are not warrantied beyond 1 liter of ink. So if you're in the 1.5l to 2L--

FrankW

Most important with the heads to let them cool down correctly after printing. Switching the printer off directly after printing will lead to problems.

We are dealers in switzerland, and we have extremely less problems with the Latex 300-Heads, in opposite to the earlier models. As HP said, they have a better heat management (with more consistent colours).

danno

I guess I'm just old school. Solvent (true solvent), Aqueous and UV. I understand the technology, the principles, but am not seeing where it is any savings or maintenance time. It is easier to print on some substrates, but harder to print on others. With every print format, you have to be well informed to pick what is right for your shop.

I guess I'm just old school. Solvent (true solvent), Aqueous and UV. I understand the technology, the principles, but am not seeing where it is any savings or maintenance time. It is easier to print on some substrates, but harder to print on others. With every print format, you have to be well informed to pick what is right for your shop.

It's not huge time saver if your like most shops who don't let their prints cure correctly after printing. If you do correctly let your solvent prints dry then your saving a lot of time being able to go straight from print to lam to cut.

nate

Best thing to do is try one. Go to one of the shows or see if a dealer close by has one. I've been around through solvent, eco-solvent, UV, etc, and for roll to roll I prefer latex. It's that much better.

danno

You do realize that the heads are not warrantied beyond 1 liter of ink. So if you're in the 1.5l to 2L--

Yes, just not thrilled about the short lifespan. The first set of heads was about 8L of ink. Also have noticed colour variations in some colours after changing print heads. Seems to be inconsistent and not the same shift every time.

You should recalibrate every time there is a head change. Furthermore you should recalibrate every time there is a head strike. The 360 also prompts you to recalibrate after loading a new ink. I have been through multiple sets of ink and a couple of each print head. Colors are still the same.