• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New HP Printer is coming!

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
I don't understand what makes these new HP printers so special, and the gamut claims given a 4 ink system seem dubious. How much of the Fashion Home Cotton TCX deck do you expect to be able to reach without OGV inks?

KMC

Graphic Artist
i am very excited to see HP offering this and it also being direct to fabric not just the transfer sheet

Quark

Merchant Member
the page is live now with all the info. So just another real good dye-sub printer? I fail to see innovation

Marquee Man

Hi guys, brand new to the forum, but been in large format printing for 15 years. I went to Fespa 2019 Munich, did the private demo of the large 3.2m HP STITCH. Amazing feeding system, amazing features, my only two concerns are:

What will the ink cost per square work out to, on max usage, we do 15 000 squares per month
How many heads will need replacing on this amount of squares, i was told at least one per month, and
if i recall, there are c m y k x 2.

I understand the hp business model, you end up paying for consumables, but you have a new printer
all the time as you always have new heads which are easy to install.

Just worried about running costs [heads + ink]

We currently have 2 x Chinese 3.2m direct to fabric printers, they work well, sometimes, they work hard, they more than half the price of the new Stitch, BUT, half the speed as well.

I am really keen to get final figures and perhaps we will end up buying one. It will mainly be used for direct to textile printing, we have a 3.2m Monti Calander press for final sublimation.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Any idea what is so special?

• Delivers the world’s fastest color-matching
  • Features Thermal Inkjet printhead technology to help reduce time and waste, and achieve repeatable, color consistency across customer fleets
  • Offers continuous high-quality prints with transfer paper and direct-to fabric features
  • Prevents downtime with HP Proactive Services offering preventive support

Marquee Man

• Delivers the world’s fastest color-matching
  • Features Thermal Inkjet printhead technology to help reduce time and waste, and achieve repeatable, color consistency across customer fleets
  • Offers continuous high-quality prints with transfer paper and direct-to fabric features
  • Prevents downtime with HP Proactive Services offering preventive support
Big fish, you are correct, these are the bullet points i saw on the private demo. As i said, i first need to see how long heads will last doing 15 000 squares per month, need to factor that into our running costs per month. Secondly, ink cost per square, hope its really competitive. Lastly, uv stability of ink. I have a feeling it is no worse than what is currently out there, if its better, its a bonus.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Big fish, you are correct, these are the bullet points i saw on the private demo. As i said, i first need to see how long heads will last doing 15 000 squares per month, need to factor that into our running costs per month. Secondly, ink cost per square, hope its really competitive. Lastly, uv stability of ink. I have a feeling it is no worse than what is currently out there, if its better, its a bonus.

Yes I understand sir. What does your current setup and workflow look like? What are you biggest pain points with your current solution? You can email me at jcormany@gansink.com and we can have some offline conversations no problem too.