• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New L25500 firmware

dypinc

This firmware version (05.00.00.08) contains the following fixes and enhancements.

Preventive friction Algorithm
Improved reliability on the Print system.
Improvement drying temperature control.
Maintenance Cartridge Warning
Adding OMAS calibration to the User menu
15.01:00 SE increased timeout
SP reading negative: ink usage
Corrected localizations in Spanish

nate

We've had the beta version on two of our machines now and it's stable. It's solved the problems we were having. We're rolling it out this weekend to the other 10 machines.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
didn't know it was out yet, thought i might get an email or something when it did...

i have a ton of printing to do in the next couple of days, i'll wait until after that to install it.

jasonx

We've had the beta version on two of our machines now and it's stable. It's solved the problems we were having. We're rolling it out this weekend to the other 10 machines.

Hey nate,

What problems did it overcome for you?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I am pretty sure it helps with premature printhead failures

that is one reason i was thinking about not upgrading.

they made more powerful head cleaning, wasting more ink and cleaning pad just so they don't have to replace your heads under warranty...

jasonx

that is one reason i was thinking about not upgrading.

they made more powerful head cleaning, wasting more ink and cleaning pad just so they don't have to replace your heads under warranty...

Have you had this much? Our heads are hitting over the 5 litre mark sometimes the Cyan heads get a bit less of out them.

We always factored in the cost of heads are 1 head per litre of ink so at the moment we're making a considerable saving on our calculations.

Sometimes I find the print quality can be degraded but the printer keeps going. I'd rather swap the heads out and achieve a better print quality.

nate

I am pretty sure it helps with premature printhead failures

This is what it solved for us. We'd often put a new head and in and within minutes it'd ask for a replacement. HP would send us new ones in exchange for the defective ones. We've not had a problem with this on the two we upgraded since, though we kept having it on the other 10.

I had a break in production late tonight and now all 12 of them are on this version.

Last edited:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i've only had mine since november and i replaced two cyan heads already, the HP tech said the next firmware update was going to have a more powerful cleaning cycle...

signswi

In the tech world there's no such thing as final firmware, just the last version they made before they moved those dev hours onto newer hardware.

Dave Rowland

just installed... see how we go.. took two attempts to install tbh..
the latex seems to be unpacking in the background and then it goes to an hourglass after several minutes.. it will look like nothings happening

and yes I am a dev... just find that "projects" come to an end as u cannot fix everything

Fastsigns2041

Fastsigns Palm Harbor
I Installed this new firmware, upgrading from the beta HP sent me to fix issues with the heads overheating(which I believe is the cause of most people having the machine reject heads) No problems yet.

HulkSmash

i've only had mine since november and i replaced two cyan heads already, the HP tech said the next firmware update was going to have a more powerful cleaning cycle...

I'm not so sure that's accurate...

From what hp themselves told me was that it was prematurely saying heads were dead because the amount of fires the head was doing...

so 6 pass or 16 pass, you were getting the same "usage" to the printer.. i think they fixed that.. not sure it added a more powerful cleaning cycle.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i think they fixed that.. not sure it added a more powerful cleaning cycle.

he suggested to me that there was a more aggressive cleaning cycle and that i should manually turn it on, he stated that the new firmware would do this for me...