• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New L25500 firmware

ProColorGraphics

Would that be where you can select "extra printhead cleaning"? I have never had any problems, except the media sensor underneath digging into cast vinyl. Just bent the bracket out and it has been all good. Knock on wood!

airborneassault

We had the intensive PH cleanings enabled on the previous firmware...biggest glitch was we had to disable sleep mode as it wouldn't ever re-initialize once it went to sleep so we'd have to kill the power and boot up again. The new firmware allows the intensive PH cleanings to be enabled along with sleep mode from what I understand as well as doing a better job of keeping the heads pressured.

HP always replaced heads as needed for us but the real issue came when we printed 80' of wrap material. The job was a re-do as the greys all shifted to a horribly swampy green, I blamed it on myself as operator error and different RIP settings. So we start 80' of ganged up panels and I babysit the first 15' - 20'...everything seems great so I walk away. Well about 30' in one of the heads went out and we were back to square one with our grey issue.

Long story short the intensive PH cleanings solved this and to be honest I didn't notice a bit of difference in our PH Cleaning Kit Usage or ink usage. Since then we've yet to get a head replacement message.
-Nathan

HulkSmash

We had the intensive PH cleanings enabled on the previous firmware...biggest glitch was we had to disable sleep mode as it wouldn't ever re-initialize once it went to sleep so we'd have to kill the power and boot up again. The new firmware allows the intensive PH cleanings to be enabled along with sleep mode from what I understand as well as doing a better job of keeping the heads pressured.

HP always replaced heads as needed for us but the real issue came when we printed 80' of wrap material. The job was a re-do as the greys all shifted to a horribly swampy green, I blamed it on myself as operator error and different RIP settings. So we start 80' of ganged up panels and I babysit the first 15' - 20'...everything seems great so I walk away. Well about 30' in one of the heads went out and we were back to square one with our grey issue.

Long story short the intensive PH cleanings solved this and to be honest I didn't notice a bit of difference in our PH Cleaning Kit Usage or ink usage. Since then we've yet to get a head replacement message.
-Nathan

I was having some major issues with printer.. hp told me to replace.. all the heads which i did... didn't solve a thing...

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i updated the firmware today because out of the blue i'm dropping prints today left and right with 79:04 error, seems to be the catch all for error codes...

first print after the update still crashed....

think i'll have to investigate the network....

ProWraps

downloading firmware now.

i guess im lucky. i havent had any probs with either of mine other than getting the print room set up so we didnt get greasy prints.

and we have run A SHAT TON of material through both of them.

E36

Just updated with the new firmware, after printing for 2 hours.
I got the "Replace C-LC printhead" message again, I thought this firmware is suppose to solved this problem?