• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Review New logo and website

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
A few things I notice...

Your mom has a right massive right hand.

Your domain name makes me think of sign language.

Doesn't it confuse customers when you advertise "The World of Signs" but your domain drops the "s"? I bet "theworldofsigns.com" loves the extra traffic.

ironchef

I totally agree with you, the designer made it bigger and I had him scale it down, but yes it's still too big. He said it's to show depth because the hand is closer to the viewer. Some people just can't do hands I guess. I am going to redo it with a better designer for sure. That's why I want feedback. And about the domain, some company in the UK has the domain with the s. I tried reaching out to buy it, but no response.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Well the trinity symbol is used in many different ways not just religion. And trust me I looked for other ideas. We also put the Christian fish on the corner of our business cards. It's who we are, I'm not going to hide it. We been in business over 21 years. You guys keep taking about picking your customers (if they want you matching a low ballers price) well if you won't do business with me because of my beliefs then I don't need you as a customer.

IMO religion shouldn't even be mentioned. We do business with all nationalities and religions. I've done some pieces for a christian church and some islamic pieces for another client. It's not about hiding it, Just don't flaunt it.

Also i do like the website.
Logo, yeah and no. kills me looking at it as it looks very busy. understand the whole CMYK thing. Maybe something like the planet cyan, and countries in magenta, yellow and black? just a suggestion really.

ironchef

I like that! Will try it out, thanks! We don't flaunt it like that tho, we don't preach or talk about religion, faith or God. I came up with the super hero idea and I thought I needed to put a logo on her chest. Like superman.

C

ColoPrinthead

Looks like Led Zeppelin decided to host a pride parade to me. You should make comic books instead of signs.

ironchef

I did change the background tho. These are some new cards I did, suade with raised spot uv. From 4over
36874ebb55c7d9550610b0fa19e197fc.jpg

ironchef

I do take CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism, but if you don't got nothing nice, constructive or productive to say, then please.. Keep quiet.

ironchef

I'm not here to show off my my logo. I know it needs work, that's why I'm asking for yous guys opinions. I value signs101' members insight. The one's that positively impact other members.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, your mom can fly and has super natural powers ?? That's neat. Just this weekend, my wife said I had super natural powers, too. She said for anyone to be able to put up with her after all these years, they must be super human..... At least, that's what I got out of it.

Why would you or anyone else use an old picture of oneself to represent their business ?? We did some signs, windows and a vehicle for a real estate owner about a year or so ago. She told me what she wanted and all the information I needed to give her the quote. She handed me a business card with her phone, e-mail and so-forth. There was a picture of a woman on the card. I said to her, oh, I thought you were the owner. She said, I am. So, I showed her the card and said, well who's this ?? She said, that's me..... a few years ago. Well, it looked like it was 20 years ago, at least. Anyway, we got the job, but the whole building was talking about how this lady mis-represents herself with this picture..... not only on her cards, but other stuff, like brochures and pamphlets. Seemed to be the talk of everyone.​

About 2 months later, I went to a business luncheon and she was there. We talked and believe it or not, more people were discussing that, than the reason for the meeting. Either people just don't like those antics..... or she's a bad person. No one had anything good to say about her.​

I'm not saying this will or won't happen to you, but when one misrepresents themselves with something so vain as their looks, there's a problem somewhere and it could carry over.​

Anyway, I can see that on some kid's lunchbox, but not hanging out front of a place of business. Does not say professionalism to me what-so-ever.​

You asked. :peace!:

euronymous

Looks AWESOME. The logo is kind of confusing, maybe just some simple text (with similar retro styling) within the globe would be more appealing but otherwise looking good.

ironchef

Euro, that's an awesome idea! Gino, I get what you're saying, but this is different. The real estate agent put a realistic looking picture, a better version of herself. My logo is fictitious, and super heroes are trending. I used my mom because she is the back bone to this company. Everyone knows her, she is the world of signs.

TimToad

Thanks Johnny, you're the best lol

Why is he the best other than the name game? Because he told you what you wanted to hear without raising any of the legitimate concerns that others raised?

TimToad

Euro, that's an awesome idea! Gino, I get what you're saying, but this is different. The real estate agent put a realistic looking picture, a better version of herself. My logo is fictitious, and super heroes are trending. I used my mom because she is the back bone to this company. Everyone knows her, she is the world of signs.

I know this will likely send Gino into cardiac arrest, but I couldn't agree with him more. We have several realtors who do the same thing and it generates nothing but smirks and dismissiveness about who the person is trying to fool.

What you've created isn't a logo, its a comic book cover theme that others have tried to point out to little avail. The religious connotations and risk have been well explained and yet you will undoubtedly persist. When polled, the fastest growing religious preference in America is "None of the above, none" Having pride in your faith is a wonderful thing, but you run the risk of alienating more people than you appeal to. I purposely avoid companies that wear their faith on their sleeve in their advertising.

Very little about your "logo" is original or leaves no doubt that you sell signs or are the best option for me to bring my business to. I understand that your mom is involved in the business, but just like a house being harder to sell if it is overly personalized, the same could be said here. She might be a wonderful woman and a great signmaker, but locking in even a fictionalized image of her opens the door for misinterpretation and even mocking by those unfamiliar with how wonderful she is. People can be cruel and prematurely judgmental. You are running a business and the point of any advertising or branding for our businesses is to improve our success and image in the eyes of the average consumer.

Do you really want to build your entire image on what you perceive as a "trend" or your personal preferences instead of a good, clean, simple logo that is effective and clearly states its message?

TimToad

Its all about simplicity and creating a memorable brand. Our logo doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles or overt screaming "sign" images other than the name, but I guarantee that when we hand someone our card and that sunburst catches their eye, they don't quickly forget whose card it is. Our building signage, website style and other advertising forms further reinforce that brand.

Attachments

• AllSigns and Graphics sign.jpg
    AllSigns and Graphics sign.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 145
  • AllSigns and Graphics logo.jpg
    AllSigns and Graphics logo.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 165