• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo

signgal

I am inspired every time someone has the guts to post their work here and by the posts there after and I thank all of you for taking the time to grace us with your knowledge, experience and expertise, positive or negative!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, I see this kape person as someone trying to fit in. He has taken quite a few insults and bashings and is still here, not defending his work, but defending his right to be here. He has admitted he needs polishing and his layouts are fine on some level.... just not a polished sign person’s level. However, it looks as good as others that I have seen here from time to time and didn't receive a bashing. :covereyes:

Undue bashing, name calling and derogatory insults do not need to always go hand in hand with getting your point across. The unnecessary remarks by Flamey I consider unworthy of any one from this place. Its fine to point something out and make your point, but it’s not at all funny to keep kicking someone when they’re down and asking for help. I see no need for this kinda action.

Personally, I would like to apologize on Flamey’s behalf, because we’re not really like that, but then again, I can’t speak for someone else, so forget the apology. It won’t mean anything coming from me if he doesn’t feel it also. Until you get into the NHB section, this type of arrogance runs freely. That’s where we all behave civil and such. Check the place out…. really. :rolleyes:

Anyway, please don’t confuse cockiness and dimwitted remarks with actual criticism and you’ll do just fine. :thumb:

kapelskic

I appreciate everyone who has helped out so far with the comments and logo suggestions. Thanks Gino for the backup, its not often that a new person on a forum gets that. I will check out the NHB section. Anyways, I have been researching design pretty heavily the last week or so and working on different designs and such. So if there are no more new comments on the 3 designs I have posted, I appreciate all the critiques and I will be back with another, better, design soon! Thanks again everyone.

Chris

Dan Antonelli

it shows the thought and years of study that took place before

True. I recently banged out a quick logo for a friend. Took me about two hours or so for this quickie, but my friend said 'Wow, you did that in two hours?'

To which I replied - "Yeh it only took me two hours and 15 years!"

I liked that quote so much I used it our facebook fan page.

As it relates to this discussion, you might want to study some resources about design, as it appears that your work displayed lacks some fundamental design principles. I don't mean that as flame, just an observation.

At the end of the day, we all started somewhere. It's up to you on where you want to go. I'm glad to have been mentored early on my career by others who were 'kind' enough to tell me to go back to the drawing board.