• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo

Dean Fowell

M trying to create a new Logo, let me know if it stinks or should I change all together ?

Attachments

• image-4145777547.png
    image-4145777547.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 116

signmeup

It looks like you know how to operate the software just fine. How does the roller relate to what you do? (we don't really know what you do)

phototec

M trying to create a new Logo, let me know if it stinks or should I change all together ?

Yep, I can smell it all the way over here in Texas, I didn't know a paint roller could make brush strokes!

And using a paint roller, are you a house painter?

:help

visual800

trash all that, fonts, rollers, start anew! and when you do the new one NEVER use that font again and please PLEEEASE do not use WWW....we get it!

signmeup

You guys are a little harsh to say the least. The guy is new here... do you think he feels welcome now?

Jillbeans

As has been said, the fonts are bad and it makes no sense, unless you are using a roller to do graffiti.
Kiwi makes me think of green not red, and those cute little birds or that fuzzy scrotum-looking fruit.
Using all-caps with a display font is as bad as putting an X in graphics.
Trash this whole concept. It does look like you have a reasonable grip on your design program, now check out Dan Antonelli's site and books to see what his logos look like.
Love....Jill

Marlene

I would keep the idea of the paint roller for a house painter logo as it would work nicely for that and would look really cool on the side of a contractors truck. not so much for you. what is it that you do? banners and other quick type signs? not sure from the name so you might want to add a tagline line with what it is that you do. try some other things and post them. I've seen many logos posted and tweeked until they look great here on the site so keep on trying. it may seem harsh, but wouldn't want us telling you it is great when it isn't and just sending you on your way.

neato

With a name like Kiwi, there's so much you could do!

I agree with Jill, try some greens instead of Red.

signswi

Not really a logo, just a graphic. Start over -- you should sketch 20+ different logo ideas before you even look at the computer.

Do you have experience creating logos? It's the most important part of your business identity--if you're not a pro at it, hire someone who is. It's not something to dabble at.

SignManiac

Don't be discouraged. There is a great logo laying in your name if you keep working on it. Ignore Old Paint unless he's willing to put up.

stephenj148

Agree with many suggestions. Look at your words "kiwi" and "graphics" don't worry about where your website should go. your website should maybe not be in your logo? Not sure, people have different feelings about it. In any case, create the logo alone with no website, and then add it in later to places you will use it.

Kiwi is a great word. Think of things that you could do to imply Kiwi, but also "graphics" or a "design" idea. Sketch a lot

(I'm in college, still learning but these are the things that I've picked up on that are good to think about before starting a new logo)

Craig Sjoquist

Please read Mike Steven's Mastering layout AND Dan Antonelli's 2 books.

I do like your attempt and it shows creative thought, just need some guidelines to go by the books will help a great deal.

petesign

I've seen a lot worse. Heck, I have done a lot worse. Don't let any constructive criticism get you down.... but yeah, maybe do something with a kiwi :)

Dean Fowell

Thanks I totally changed, I do laser engraving and decals and quote about 6 different sign shops in my area, I hate McD,s lol, thanks I'm going to in use a kiwi bird, because I'm a ex pat, thanks I'm still working on one,