• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo,

jstrick

I like third from the left on top also. I'm sure we all started out as perfect designers, lol!! I really thought this was a sign forum for help, not to kick ppl in the nuts? I've seen lots of his work and it's awesome. Now all of us know that our own logo is the hardest design, so some pointers on how to make his logo better is what I think he is asking for:)

Jillbeans

I was trying to be constructive, not mean.
None of them are professional looking.
You have to detach yourself from your emotions and listen with your head, not your heart.
Design for who you want to sell your product to, not because you like cool skulls.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My son told me he posted this on here and that everyone was slamming him about his designs so I had to come in and read... He does come up with so strange and off the wall use of fonts..
I don't claim to be a professional sign designer or art major but his art is paying the bills at my house his house all my toys so don't discourage him..

Wha........... don't you work anymore ??

I don't think anyone was being more than honest with him. Because he's your son and paying all the bills doesn't automatically say they're perfectly good designs. He has some nice color combination, some nice ideas, but nothing all tied up into one sketch, at least not yet.

Give it time, he'll figure something out. :peace!:

phototec

My son told me he posted this on here and that everyone was slamming him about his designs so I had to come in and read... He does come up with so strange and off the wall use of fonts..
I don't claim to be a professional sign designer or art major but his art is paying the bills at my house his house all my toys so don't discourage him..

Ok, you don't want the professional designers and graphic art majors here to critique your sons logo designs and give him honest opinions about his work, you would rather us lie to him, ooh and awe, so he doesn't learn anything from the pros?

Then keep using the clip art skulls (which he didn't design) and buying your toys, instead of taking in the design criticism and learning to grow and become a better graphic designer!

:frustrated:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I was trying to be constructive, not mean.
None of them are professional looking.
You have to detach yourself from your emotions and listen with your head, not your heart.
Design for who you want to sell your product to, not because you like cool skulls.

Unlike Jillbeans, I don't give an ounce of ossified wombat snot whether I'm constructive, unpleasant, or represent the forces of darkness. I most certainly don't care a whit about someone's delicate sensibilities, their tender ego, nor their fragile self-esteem.

Dreck is dreck and should be pointed out as such. Flames, skulls, and the idiotic choices in type faces displayed here are usually associated with the fantasies of per-pubescent children and the hopelessly brain damaged.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now I know why you have your address as earth Bob and nothing more specific, lol.

Might be why he carries a gun, too.... but ya gotta admit.... that is one funny post.
Wombat snot..... I just started laughing after that one. :ROFLMAO:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

So ... he had to get daddy to defend him on some bad designs? Sorry, but clip art flames and skulls do not make for good logo design from for a DESIGNER. ... let alone it's for his LOGO ... he should be going for a "WOW" since it should showcase 100% of his design skills. From what I have seen ... I wouldn't even walk in the front door if the design uses clipart. if he want's a critique, he got one. he should take the advice or ignore it if he doesn't want to improve. Design 101 should apply on his own work and I get tired of typing "learn the basics"

Sorry, there are more important uses of my time than continuing to waste it on this thread further. Good day sir.

http://youtu.be/xKG07305CBs