Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New management software which is best?

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by TwoThree, Jul 21, 2020.

1. TwoThree

TwoThree New Member

May 1, 2020
    Villa Rica Georgia
    Hey guys, I’ve been in the industry for over 10 years, and now we are at a point to were I need a system that I can grow with. We are projected to do 750k to a million this year. I need more organization. We have ran quickbooks for years, but I need a pipeline. I’m trying to decide between a few management softwares.

-V sign software
    -Cyrious Control
    -Shopvox

I’ve been leaving more toward Cyrious. Please give me your thoughts.

Tags:
  2. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    How many employees are at the shop and how many would actually need to enter data?

3. TwoThree

TwoThree New Member

May 1, 2020
    Villa Rica Georgia
    Minimal of 5. Looking to be around that number or a few more.

4. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    If the three offer a free trial, try those. In my opinion of the three, you might find them all overwhelming for a shop of your size.

An initial challenge upon setup is entering data to determine pricing. That chore is often delegated to the company bookkeeper. Therefore, at least two users, a proprietor, etc. and bookkeeper have opinions and impressions for making a decision about a tool to be used for the long term.

(More later, time permitting.)

5. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    You might want to have a look at Corebridge too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VTSigns

VTSigns Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Signville
    After 17 years of using Cyrious, I just switched over to Corebridge and I'm really liking it a lot. I would definitely give Corebridge a look.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    What are liking about Corebridge, especially?

8. asapsignsfl1

asapsignsfl1 Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Clearwater, Florida
    You can't go wrong with Cyrious. That was the standard for Fastsigns and I believe Signarama as well. I've used it since 2006. You can export your files to Quickbooks. The database for pricing signs can be set to fit your business model.

Great product and darn good customer support in my experience.

Bob P

9. zspace

zspace Merchant Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    We switched from Cyrious to Corebridge last year. The big selling points for us was server based -vs- cloud based and job management -vs- workflow management..

Cyrious requires it's own SQL server, which means server maintenance and enough purchasing more SQL licenses when you add more users. Cloud based software allows us to add more users on a lot of different devices to access the system. It became a really big plus when we sent our front office staff to work from home. Cyrious would have required us to set up VPN or RDP for users to get in remotely.

Production management in Corebrige has a more interactive workflow than in Cyrious - printer operators can easily send work back to design, designers can send questions back to sales or to customers. Corebridge also has a cleaner customer portal for approving proofs and a cleaner integration with shipping.

The one place Cyrious really shines is reporting capabilities. Cyrious has amazing reporting capabilities through Crystal Reports. It allows you build complex marketing reports, macros for follow-ups, and job analysis reports that can really help your business. Corebridge only has a lot of predefined reports but not the power found in Cyrious..

Both systems are great improvements over running out of QB. Both integrate with Quickbooks just fine (I'm sure all on your list probably do as welll.)

Hope this was helpful,

Alan

10. PrintItBig

PrintItBig Member

Sep 29, 2012
    UK
    Am I right in thinking that the Plus version of Corebridge is needed to enter / produce purchase orders for suppliers?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    Yes, according to their tiers of pricing.

12. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I would love to try Corebridge but starting at $149 a month is ridiculous.
    Why don't these companies offer a "no support" version at a reduced rate?
    I hate calling tech support anyways, I would rather spend a couple hours on Youtube or come
    to a forum like this to find solutions.

13. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    I'm reading from their price table that the "Plus" tier is $299 month with POs, customer portals, etc.

14. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    What have you tried so far?

15. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    It's not only about support, the monthly cost also covers ongoing development and bug fixes.

16. PrintItBig

PrintItBig Member

Sep 29, 2012
    UK
    Yep so assuming you want to use it for purchase orders etc (which I think most people would?) $299 per month if paying for a year up front or $329 monthly.

Whereas ShopVox is $99 + $29 per extra user.

So quite a big difference if you only need a few users. Doesn't start to equal out until you're up to 8 or 9 users then Corebridge becomes cheaper.

17. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    ShopVox is even less if you want to keep invoicing through QB, however, the full version does integrate with quickbooks.

18. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Anyone know the starting cost point for Cyrious? I used that software right after it came out & really liked it.

19. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Around $2700 for the basic, plus training, plus server licenses.

20. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    Support is usually pretty prompt and easy, as you just click a button to enter chat with someone.