• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Member California

Data Monster

Hi guys my name is Ignacio I'm 25 years old, I have done a lot in my 25 years of my life from Professional Gamer to Assistant Manger and even now as a CNC Lathe/Mill Machinist making Aerospace parts for company's subcontracted with NASA. I been a big on graphic design for some time now, and finally wanted to create Vinyl Decals personally and locally and see where this could take me hopefully into a business if everything goes well. I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys here have knowledge that can aid me in getting a right cutter to start off with and hopefully can grow this if its something that interest me. Thanks for accepting me! :Big Laugh

AF

Welcome to the forum Ignacio. We are not far from you. You are welcome to come by to see what is involved in doing vinyl decals.

copythat

Welcome to great forum.

One of the best places of knowledge is awaiting. I'm sure with your background you will also contribute some wise ideas.

Welcome from Corona, CA. I would go with a Summa Cutter. There are a lot of different sizes to look at depending on how large you would want to go. But my advice is a buy a machine that you can grow with some. Obviously you don't want a giant flatbed cutter for you first cutter. But something that is able to do print and cut as well as cut only would be good. That way when you want to expand and get a printer also you will have a plotter that can work with it