• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illuminated

What was your department? I did Industrial Design (Product design model making). It was fun and challenging but not too much real world experience nothing about business or printing at all!
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and use my school money for some new equipment ....but thats just dreamin. life is funny like that, I wish I knew then what I know now.. I mostly learned about deadlines and organization.

Jillbeans

I took Visual Communications.
First thing we learned was layout and hand-rendering letterstyles.
I had an ancient female teacher who smoked like a chimney!
But I use what she taught me to this day.
Also had some figure drawing with a hilarious voluptuous model who roamed the halls in a bathrobe, and some perspective drawing.
I got straight As, but hated it, and dropped out after two quarters.
One of the reasons I quit was because it didn't matter how much skill you had, if you had the money to pay for the classes, the teachers would pass you even with a D.
Kinda like the sign biz iz now, buy a printer or a plotter and BOOM you are a sign maker.
:)
Love....Jill
PS
This was back in the day when AIP was down on Penn Avenue near Heinz Hall, there was a Doc Johnson's store nearby, a Jenny Lee across the street, and a head shop in Market Square! I had a blast. It was 1980 and I thought I was sooo bad. I had always been a rebel and dressed like the proverbial Goth/Punk in high school. Then when I went to AIP everyone dressed that way. So much for individuality!

Illuminated

Nice! I was the Square clean kid...But my projects turned out nice. I went to that location too They moved shortly after I graduated .Grades never ment sh** to me. I can take advise all day long, but I wasnt in it for the grades ,Just so I know I gave it an honest shot.