• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New name, logo.....opinions, kicks in teeth requsted.

Master's Touch

Look guys--I don't want to debate it. That wasn't my point. Circle I'd argue that that piece of paper has a function related to what you think of what I like. I have one of those too, from many years ago, and I can tell you in this business, a design degree means nothing. The proof is in the design and what you've done with it. I looked at your stuff you've posted, and I just plain don't trust your eye. no offense. Sorry.

Circleville Signs

Look guys--I don't want to debate it. That wasn't my point. Circle I'd argue that that piece of paper has a function related to what you think of what I like. I have one of those too, from many years ago, and I can tell you in this business, a design degree means nothing. The proof is in the design and what you've done with it. I looked at your stuff you've posted, and I just plain don't trust your eye. no offense. Sorry.

My degree isn't in design - it's in Marketing. No offense taken :smile:

Deaton Design

Ive never really thought much of putting a design up on here for critique. Not that there are alot of people here that are great designers and can and do turn out great stuff, its the different opinions. If you put something up here, you might have 50 people that have 50 different totally opinions on color, on typestyles, on kerning, and everything else. Ive seen some logos or designs that I thought looked pretty good, get changed completely around to suit all the people that were commenting on it. Its like committees. I hate committees. Too many dang opinions and none of them alike. Thats not to say that good things havent come out of posts like this, its just that committee thing. Makes me think of sixteen women sitting around a table tearing one of my designs to pieces. Im quirky that way...

HulkSmash

Um, I hope you're joking. I spent 6 years getting my BS and masters in Print Design. I can promise you, it DOES mean something. For one - you learn simple and advanced typography.. which you obviously lack skill in. Colors, and their meaning, and how they relate to each other - again which you lack in your design. MEANING AND POSITIONING - which you lack the most of all. How do you plan to use your logo to position yourself over the competition. People think a design degree means you only design. There's so much more to it. You want to be like Fedex and Baskin Robins..? Let me know when you get over 500 million a year in business then i'll agree your logo worked.

You name tells nothing about what you do. Also if i saw a business name called Design Central with an Awful logo why would I even consider using them for a design? Not saying it's awful just something that needs work, I don't think the concept works.. at all. Not terrible design, just doesn't work.. it looks like an internet cafe. And your other logo looks like your selling motor cross equipment.

good luck.

fairwayray

Express images

Express images makes you sound like a quick print kinkos type of business to me. Design central makes it sound like you only do designs and people who have artwork might overlook you.
Express Design and Printing?