• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Océ Colorado 1640

jasonx

Did anyone here end up getting a machine? We currently run Latex, UV, Dye-sub and looking at adding another 64" roll to roll machine.

On paper this machine ticks all the boxes. It seems like a cross between flatbed and latex in terms of the benefits of either. Low heat, faster speed, great print quality etc.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We signed up to test their GEN 2 Ink this week on vinyl. If the ink still cracks with little effort this machine is a no go for us. We are interested in using this for wallpaper, posters, and simple decals but if the ink cracks we can't use it.

Bly

Did anyone here end up getting a machine? We currently run Latex, UV, Dye-sub and looking at adding another 64" roll to roll machine.

On paper this machine ticks all the boxes. It seems like a cross between flatbed and latex in terms of the benefits of either. Low heat, faster speed, great print quality etc.

I know Flash in Sydney have several.

nate

We signed up to test their GEN 2 Ink this week on vinyl. If the ink still cracks with little effort this machine is a no go for us. We are interested in using this for wallpaper, posters, and simple decals but if the ink cracks we can't use it.

This was such a disappointment. We were ready to purchase these and the ink was miserable. We ended up getting a Latex 3500 to add to our fleet. I think we made the best choice.

Catherineeee

hi guys,

anyone knows its recommended operating area? it cant find it in the operating manual, if you have the link about the operating area. pls share it to me.

many thanks..

Catherineeee

It will offer the durability of UV ink, up to 6 times the speed of latex for similar quality, semi automatic loading with 2 to 4 roll capacity and white ink(possibly, now?)
how was the outdoor durability? i heard the yellow fades easily.
anyone can share their experiences?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Total lackluster for anything but banner, poster, or wallpaper. Vinyl even decals we can easily crack the ink even on gen2. I was recently told that this month, there is "so much demand" for this printer they have to raise the price $10-15,000... Good Luck Oce!

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
hi guys,

anyone knows its recommended operating area? it cant find it in the operating manual, if you have the link about the operating area. pls share it to me.

many thanks..

From Océ's own documentation on the Colorado:
"The required operating space of this product will be communicated to each customer by the local sales representative during the Site Survey."

Weird that they freely advertise this information for the Arizona range.