• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New or used VersaCAMM?

Colin

Cool. The only problem I foresee there is having those metallics & whites only used very rarely, and then being consumed in cleaning/purging etc. Or can you take 'em out when not needed?

So much to learn.

Don't you just hit the "Print" button?" :Big Laugh

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
1st option: 4 color (C M Y K) x 2

Why x2? You can have two sets of cmyk because there are 8 ink cartridge slots on that printer and this way you get faster printing.

2nd option: 6 color C M Y K Lc Lm

For richer, fuller colors? Yes. Yes, but mainly you get much better blending or gradients and much richer skin tones. Do customers see it ?? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Much depends on your files. We've had and have 4 color and 6 color and most of the time, we can see a big difference in certain areas.

3rd option: 8 color C M Y K Lc Lm Mt(Metallic) and W(White)

Does the Mt and W require the Lc and Lm, or could you do CMYK + W, or CMYK + Mt?
Yes they do require the Lc and Lm, that way you can use all the metallic collors form the roland metallic color pallete.

See green above.

tomence

That's why i said if you don't have the market for white and metallic then don't buy that option. Go for either C M Y K or C M Y K Lc Lm.

Firefox

The way I understand this is that the machine won't run without the ctg slot filled. One "reported" Roland tech said that you can put cleaning carts in the wh or MT slot if you don't use that color, It is much cheaper than $250.00 or so for a Metalic silver 220 ml ctg. If you decide to use the MT then you would have to purge the system with the Mt ink. Sounds like a real pain in the...

Can you believe $250.00 for 220 ml of ink? !!!!!!!!

Firefox

Just like desktop consumer printers - they getcha on the inks. Only with the sign printers, they getcha on the printer too.

The white is around $90.00 for 220 ml and the regular colors $70 for 220 ml or bout $128 for 440 ml.

Yup, they get ya coming and going. That's how it is with anything you make money with. Or boats/Airplanes!

Colin

Attachments

• Marine.jpg
    Marine.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 69