• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Owner of Signs101.com

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Paul Gentile I'm the former owner of CNCzone.com. I talked to Fred Weiss many years ago unrelated to the purchase of his site. So once I sold CNCzone last year , a month ago I stumbled on this site once again and out of the blue asked if he would entertain selling it to me and because he knew me and how well I ran CNCzone he entertained it. After a brief negotiations and price was set and November 2 2016 the deal was done.

Fred has done a hell of a job with the site and I look forward to carrying on keeping this site growing and running smooth. My background is vast, I design, machine and love to create. I look forward to serving the membership and wish Fred all the best in all his future endeavors.

The plans for the site, well going to keep it just the way it is, if anyone has any suggestions for improvement let me know. For the next few days the site will be move to my server so the site may be down for a few hours.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yup. After 13 years I'm ready to spend more time with digital art creation and publishing. But I'll still be hanging out here as both a regular and a merchant member. It was the right time for me to sell and Paul would have been my first choice as someone to take Signs 101 to the next level. He started CNCZone, which specializes in CNC and machining, the same year and with the same core software setup and built it into a highly successful site 10 times the size of Signs 101.

We just inked a deal today with a major stock site group which includes Clipart.com, iPhotos.com and several others, to add our existing illustrations and seamless textures to their libraries and develop new art as well. You can already find our work at Adobe/Fotolia.com, Dreamstime.com, 123RF.com, DepositPhoto.com, FotoSearch.com and Ingram Publishing as well as our site www.allcompu.com.

So take this news as a change for the better for all Signs 101 members, for Paul and for me. I'll still be active here so don't hesitate to message me about anything.

Last edited:

ReadyCut Print

Welcome Paul....Fred has always been helpful, knowledgeable and collaborative with information sources for everyone from newbies like myself up to gurus at his own level. Best wishes Fred and thanks for creating a site that helps everyone when there is often very sparse help out there for the uninitiated.
Roger
ReadyCut Print Pty Ltd

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Welcome new boss.
Congrats old boss.
At least now we can say what we really think of Fred!

He's a pretty good egg.

wayne k
guam usa

Snydo

Good luck Fred, your one helluva good moderator and hopefully you stay active in the community.

Welcome aboard Paul.

Techman

good luck to fred,, and many thank you for the hard work. I pray you have a great time with your graphics development.

Hi paul the new boss..

jasonx

Welcome Paul, Just bought my first 3D printer might have to join your other forum as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome Paul from PA......................................
Good luck, Fred from PA.......................................

signage

Congratulations Paul, hope you keep all the old info as Fred has done.

Good luck Fred and hope you stay around for your knowledge.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Paul......... you might wanna get together with Fred and discuss how to screen newcomers onto the site. I'm seeing lotsa strange crap and lots of it is brand new members and from Russia. Some of the stuff makes no sense, let alone pertaining to a sign forum. Just a friendly headsup. Stuff like this could turn this place inside out in no time, if left unattended.

Tizz

Hello Paul and welcome! This is one great Forum kudo's to Fred and all members. Will be signing up to your 3D print forum too. Have been 3d printing for a while now, with a background in both cnc and design am always keen to learn and picking at your brain would be knowledge much appreciated.
Best of luck to you both.

FatCat

Big news, will be interesting to see how things progress.
I wish you both the best and have high hopes S101 will move onward and upward!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Wow, that's great for you Fred. That's great you got a new owner but I would have paid you double! Lol hope you stay active on here.

Billct2

Thank you Fred for turning this place into the best sign hangout on the web and good luck with all your future endeavors.
And welcome Paul, I hope you live up to Fred's example, but I have to say that starting out with some weird Russian spammer filling the site on your first day is not a good sign (get it, that's a sign joke son).

bigben

Congratulation to both of you. Like Gino said, there is lots of weird post since yesterday.

Thanks Fred. Welcome Paul. Glad that we'll have a bigger CNC presence here. Ironically, I evidently joined CNCzone just after you sold it, lol. You'll have big shoes to fill; Fred has done a wonderful job here in the years I've been a member.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
At first, it oddly seemed like one of those Nigerian emails...but since Fred replied promptly, I guess it's legit. Welcome to the tribe!

JB

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I think this feels similar to what I'd feel if I had a step-dad that adopted me, then divorced my mom.