• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New print head

motorola424

I replaced the black print head on my jv3 but am having no luck printing.

The dampers have ink in them, but the ink lines keep getting air pockets in them right above the dampers.
I can use a syringe to draw ink through, but still no black on the test print.

any help would be appreciated.

BRUSHMARKS

When you use the syringe, do you hear any air leaks? We had to replace our dampers and 1 had a small air leak that would not allow us to get ink.

jens

check out the pumps , sometimes a bit of plastic cracks off. The pump keeps spinning but is not sucking. Replace the dampers and check out the rubber O rings. can you run solvent cleaner trough te head ?

jdigital

I agree with MachServTech, Try pulling ink through from the pumps. Is your capping station at the right height? You might want to check the rubber cap to see if it's touching your head and getting a proper seal.

motorola424

ok will check. where exactly are the pumps located. are they under the purple cover on the top of the machine or behind the black panel on the backside?

particleman

panel on the back side.. easy to get to. On more than one occasion I have come across cracked dampers around the rim. As a rule you should put new dampers in anyway when you replace a head.

motorola424

2 things, black and magenta are on the same pump. both colors don't work.

how do i pull ink from the pumps... there is a splice in the ink lines just before the pumps, not after. where do i disconnect and pull from?

CustomSigns&Graphics

custom signs & graphics inc.
i have a jv3 when i print test print cyan & yellow are missing line in the middle
of squares and colors are spraying out sides print looks bad are heads gone bad

Robert M

JV3 print head

get a flash light and look at the bottom of the head to see if it is damaged. If the missing nozzles are in the middle the head, it may have hit the screws that hold the capping station together. Spraying to the side is deflection caused by damage, blockage or just wear on the nozzles.
I have parts if you need them
Robert M
www.solventinkjet.com