• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Printer issues

jasonx

To answer a few questions:

There is no flushing necessary because of the recirculating of the ink. There is still waste, 1.5ml every 12 hours due to self cleaning and 6ml when firing up the metallic. So print all your metallic at once or very close together.

As far as restitution they replaced my wasted roll with a high end cast roll and gave me a roll of photo paper. They gave me some partially filled CMYK cartridges and are sending a replacement metallic cartridge.

If its using 1.5ml every 12 hours that isn't so bad that's about 90ml a month. It's a lot less then the current XC540W where you do flushes twice a month and use a lot more ink then this.

Do you get prompted to do ink renewals before you print with the MT?

I've found you get this with the XC540W. Its only a problem when your doing an overnight print run and it comes up during your print run and the whole process pauses. Mine tends to come up at midnight for some strange reason.

jasonx

I also raised an issue with the color pallet. There are still only the original 12 metallic colors. At launch or within days there were to be over 30. The developer says they are releasing a new pallet with 500 color in the next week or so. I state this is great since there was no documentation on how to create my own metallic colors. I'm really looking forward to these colors!

Can you try something. I dont have this printer yet so can't do it.

In versaworks goto Edit Spot colour settings
Copy the metallic library.
Now in that library you will be able to create new Metallic spot colours with the metallic channel.

Change the CMYK values and rename the spot colour.

In illustrator or corel create a new spot colour with the exact name. Assign it to something in your artwork and print it. See if you get a new spot colour or not. It should work fine from what I can see.