• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help New printer

VIPUL PATEL

I have a roland printer 540xc, now I want to buy a new printer which one is better epson surecolour s60600 printer or hp latex 570 priter

vipul patel

Mainframe

I had a VP 540 for 10 years, I generated a lot of files for customers that repeat to this day, I replaced my VP with a VG 540 and I can say the machine is unbelievable in print quality and it is really nice just dropping files in versaworks and having my cut lines and colors match the old printer. The VG prints solid colors that look just like the cut vinyl jobs I do.

They had a lot of trouble at first with these machines but I am not seeing any of those troubles now, I do know people were skipping using the media clamps and damaging heads left and right at first.

I love loading a few banner jobs or long vinyl prints on this thing and just let it go using the take up.

I am the only one that touches my machine so I think that is going to help me keep it going, to e the print speed is also fabulous, and the ink is much more durable than the old VP.

I can't speak for the other machines you are looking at but I really enjoy printing jobs on the VG, the new high end cutter on this thing cuts like a dream also, weeding lam prints is a breeze.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I don't use roll printers, But if i was in the market for one and 1640mm width, i'd go with the latex or an Oce colorado as i dont do wraps.

Bly

We have 2 HP 360s and recently bought an Epson 60600.
If you're used to eco solvent then you'll love the Epson.
It's fast, good quality and the inks dry quickly.
The colour repeatability and accurate panel length makes it our go-to for wall and vehicle wraps.
Having said that we still use the 360s for unlaminated SAV jobs and super urgent turnarounds.
What sort of work do you do mostly?

AKwrapguy

I have a roland printer 540xc, now I want to buy a new printer which one is better epson surecolour s60600 printer or hp latex 570 priter

vipul patel

We just picked up 2 of the HP570's and they're pretty nice. No waiting to gas off, fast, and can handle oversize rolls. The 3 liter bulk ink system is nice as well.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member

vipul patel

What applications are you specializing in? Some machines are better than others based on application. Just a random question like this, Latex ALL THE WAY. Where are you located?

usdsoccer

vipul patel
Go with an Epson. Better speed and quality, less maintenance issues from what I've been hearing about the latex models lately. Best thing to do is have a dealer who sells both (there are many) do comparative print samples for you so you can see speed/quality and make the call for yourself.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Go with an Epson. Better speed and quality, less maintenance issues from what I've been hearing about the latex models lately. Best thing to do is have a dealer who sells both (there are many) do comparative print samples for you so you can see speed/quality and make the call for yourself.

The Epson is not faster if you factor in dry times/outgassing. They still recommend like a 6 hour outgas time. There is more maintenance involved with eco-solvent machines also. The do print very nice though.

usdsoccer

The Epson is not faster if you factor in dry times/outgassing. They still recommend like a 6 hour outgas time. There is more maintenance involved with eco-solvent machines also. The do print very nice though.
Bigfish has a good point re: outgass...but I doubt anyone here sticks to the manufacturer recommendations on outgass;)

Also I've been hearing a lot of de-lamination issues lately from friends with latex printers. Anyone else hearing that?

equippaint

So youre saying a 5 minute print on a latex would technically be 6 hours on the Epson? Seems a bit slanted and dramatic.
Theres really not more maintenance on an ecosolvent either, one could argue there there is more on the latex with the disposable heads which takes time. In addition to that, all the dicking around with needing to profile the latex will eat up far more time than wiping a captop every few weeks on an eco.

AF

Funny you bring this up. Perhaps the primary selling point of latex was no offgassing. Now that the new ink is made from Teflon, no amount of offgassing keeps it from delaminating.
Bigfish has a good point re: outgass...but I doubt anyone here sticks to the manufacturer recommendations on outgass;)

Also I've been hearing a lot of de-lamination issues lately from friends with latex printers. Anyone else hearing that?

Last edited:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So youre saying a 5 minute print on a latex would technically be 6 hours on the Epson? Seems a bit slanted and dramatic.
Theres really not more maintenance on an ecosolvent either, one could argue there there is more on the latex with the disposable heads which takes time. In addition to that, all the dicking around with needing to profile the latex will eat up far more time than wiping a captop every few weeks on an eco.

No I am not saying that, I am saying that the MFG says to WAIT 6 hours before laminating. With Latex, you don't ever have to wait. The disposable head might take about 9 seconds to replace FYI. There is not a lot of dicking around with profiles, there are more available profiles for Latex then any other machine in the industry also.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Funny you bring this up. Perhaps the primary selling point of latex was no offgassing. Now that the new ink is made from Teflon, no amount of offgassing keeps it from delaninating.

What material are you having issues laminating? I don't see that problem.

equippaint

No I am not saying that, I am saying that the MFG says to WAIT 6 hours before laminating. With Latex, you don't ever have to wait. The disposable head might take about 9 seconds to replace FYI. There is not a lot of dicking around with profiles, there are more available profiles for Latex then any other machine in the industry also.
Nothing takes 9 seconds to do, itd take you longer than that to put gloves on to change it. The vast majority of threads on color issues stem from latex users and profile issues, you know this as much as anyone else here. You say you never see the lamination issues yet you respond in threads about delamination issues with latex printers. Those are also the vast majority of delamination threads. Just be honest about this stuff already, people will still purchase them as they have their advantages. Personally, when I buy something I want to know the good and the bad, straight up no bones about it. I don't like wind up my skirt.

Hurd's Words

Actually it does only take about nine seconds to replace a head on the HP latex printers. No gloves needed as they have a little handle well above the nozzles that you use for removal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Nothing takes 9 seconds to do, itd take you longer than that to put gloves on to change it. The vast majority of threads on color issues stem from latex users and profile issues, you know this as much as anyone else here. You say you never see the lamination issues yet you respond in threads about delamination issues with latex printers. Those are also the vast majority of delamination threads. Just be honest about this stuff already, people will still purchase them as they have their advantages. Personally, when I buy something I want to know the good and the bad, straight up no bones about it. I don't like wind up my skirt.

You are funny. My point is it takes seconds to replace the heads, less than a minute. The lamination problems I have seen are with UV inks not latex. How many people are having issue with delamination on latex? I am honest, the HP latex is what I would use and is what I prefer and is what I will recommend in most situations. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion, the cons are pastel colors are grainy.

AF

Realistically, after the 9 seconds popping in the new head you need to do an auto head alignment so the whole process is less than 10 minutes depending on the generation of your machine.