• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new roland technology

petepaz

got this in a eamil from roland
(i know there where some posts but did anyone find out what the big secret is)

Strike It Rich
Get ready to strike it rich at our SGIA booth with another Roland first for wide format digital printing. The Roland booth will offer an exclusive sneak peek at this new innovation, opening up a whole new range of color and possibilities for profit. Come to the booth to find out what it is.

petepaz

so is it a new printer that offers metallic ink and improved white ink
i guess i will find out at the show

Jace161

Figures, I buy my vp540 a few months back and now they have one with metallic inks. Well I guess I can continue from this weekend with saying FML :beer

SignManiac

I was told it will print engineer grade reflective backgrounds along with puff ink that will simulate the look and feel of embroidered stiching for direct use on textiles.

Also, the next generation will have a bedazzler option for decorating garments directed at the tourist industry.

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
I was told it will print engineer grade reflective backgrounds along with puff ink that will simulate the look and feel of embroidered stiching for direct use on textiles.

Also, the next generation will have a bedazzler option for decorating garments directed at the tourist industry.

Yeah! and all for under 5 grand.

weaselboogie

AND IT PRINTS DIRECTLY ONTO AIR MOLECULES!!!

tdgraphics

I was at the launch of the printer at Sign & Digital Ireland, Wednesday 23rd Sept. Basically looks like a ProIII but with a metallic pink cover instead of blue.

The machine does a good job at producing metallic hues to images. The white printing is improved. I was told that the metallic ink was about 3 to 4 times the price of the normal OEM ink, but it uses very little ink by comparison to the normal CMYK.

All in all, it may be a good option if one is in the market for a new Pro III.

Neil