• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Sign for Shop/Garage

galerdude

That is very intricate. Do you work mostly with redwood? We used to use redwood regularly and then switched to mostly HUD/Cedar. Do you have trouble getting the redwood? Just curious....Thanx
I would like to work mostly with redwood because it carves so nice but I see the day fast approaching where HUD & Cedar will be all that's available. Redwood is getting hard to come by for sure. Local supplier for heartwood disappeared about a year ago. For the last seven years I've had relative success getting deck grade from Lowes. They store it all inside here which is a huge plus. Being in touch with some CNCer's over on the west side (Seattle area) they tell me that all the redwood is stored outside at all outlets, Lowes included.

Gale

galerdude

Super nice sign! I am also interested in your Joe's Hybrid CNC. Build details etc...

Best money I've ever spent on tools! I'll try to cover the basics and then if you have any specific questions, I'll try my best to answer.

Bought the plans and joined the forum/tech support in 8-10 at a cost of $100. Did a lot of reading and study, started the build in 9-10. An extremely satisfying journey. Cut my first project in 4-11. Been possessed by it ever since. There are a couple pictures of it at this link, http://cncwoodcarvedsigns.com/Pix_of_the_CNC_Router.html
Please feel free to inquire with more questions via this forum or a PM.

Gale