• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New start-up.

Flavius

I understand now. I learned a lot, fast today. This is the first time I joined a forum like this and all though my blood pressure went up a couple of times at the end of the day I'm very glad I did. I got some great advise from some great people.
Thanks,
Flavius.

coyote

I just paid my dentist $350 to fix my broken tooth-I've got some wood working tools and some epoxy---think I'll open my own business and start raking in the big bucks. How hard can it be? I'm good with my hands.....I can practice on my friends til I feel comfortable with the technique. Any takers? :)
Carol

GP

anyone find it odd that shovel has not piped in? I know he made that recent resolution to lay off on us newbies, but this one is just hanging over the plate, waiting to be slammed out of the park!

Flavius

Looks like maybe the dentist gave you some medicine that didn't agree with you 'cause you are kind of late to the party and you don't realise it.
Good luck and lay off the sauce.
Flavius.
P.S. People made this point already thruout this thread, you are not bringing anything here, not even comedy. My advise to you is keep your day job. I get it, alright, it's a proffession.

Keep your head up man. There are very many people who would like to talk with you about this, but as they have stated before, I also have noticed it's best to do your research and homework first.

I was one just like you where I took the plunge and bought my plotter not even knowing where to get the material from! It was a GX-24. about 4-6 months later, plunged into getting a SP-540V!!! I have been in this business now for 1 year and 2 months now... And wow, alone this year, i just ran my invoices of how much income there has been in just signs, it wsa 49,977.00 Wow. And I have 3 other businesses. I just said if one doesnt make it, the other will...

:)

Good luck. If you need anything, do not hesitate to call me, email me, or look at my website.
Chris
austinmultimedia@yahoo.com
www.capitalareasigns.com

GP

class act Chris. If I knew what the hell I was doing, I'd share it.

At this point. I am damn good at the selling part. I had some design background and I still take WAY too long to even think about charging by shop rate. Takes time. And a tough skin to hang here. But these are the owners/apprentices dedicated to the profession and you will learn a lot.

ndemond

Looks like maybe the dentist gave you some medicine that didn't agree with you 'cause you are kind of late to the party and you don't realise it.
Good luck and lay off the sauce.
Flavius.
P.S. People made this point already thruout this thread, you are not bringing anything here, not even comedy. My advise to you is keep your day job. I get it, alright, it's a proffession.

Open mouth insert foot!

Not good Flav o Flav not good at all.

If I dont encourage, who will. I have been owning my own own business now for 6 years. I am now 25. I believe anything is possible, and to dab into as much as you can humanly possiblely handle!!!

Get R Done!

iSign

I was going to post earlier that even if flavah-flav was a troll... he was doing an entertaining job of it... and it didn't bother me. I also thought it came off just naive enough to be authentic... so I witheld judgement during the initial reactionary period.

Anyway, having now read the entire thread, I would have to give the flavman credit for his behavior throughout this unofficial hazing, and would have to agree that, with all due respect to Carol... that was pretty much of a late hit that added nothing, & warrented an equal good natured barb in return, which was as well delivered as it was justified.

Welcome aboard bro... ain't going to be no shortcuts... but you're on a path we all know and love... & seem to be pointed in the right direction, so have fun!

ColorPro

Hi Flavius...One piece of "advice" ...if you're going to make signs...I would "advise" that you use your spell check.

I noticed that you spelled "advise" (8) times when you meant "advice"...but once in the middle, you spelled it correctly.

LOL,

I know you were worked up and all...but there were at least (3) other mispellings.

Mispellings on signs are a sure way to look bad when starting out...

(well, actually always!!)

Good Luck:peace!:

Ken

I'd buy a plotter first. You can make most real estate signs with a plotter.
And I expect you have lots of contacts there that could use your new service. If you need printing, outsource it to start.
Start learning the design software before jumping into a printer.
Cheers!
Ken

Urq

What I think is good is Flavius has stuck with this thread he did not give up!
We all have to start somewhere but I do think he took a big step or more like a big jump in.

iSign

I know you were worked up and all...but there were at least (3) other mispellings.

Mispellings on signs are a sure way to look bad when starting out...

I'm sure you must have meant misspellings :Oops:

...both times! :Big Laugh

zmatalucci

I think it's awesome that a realtor is getting into the sign business!

Maybe he will now realize what huge-cheap p i t a's they really are.
Good Luck!

Flavius

Hey, where were you guys all day, it was really rough around here 'till now, it gave me a headache. You guys are great, thanks for your support, really appreciated.
Flavius

TonyHoles

I hope he is legit because I was posting very early on in this thread and taking it as if he were legit.

If you weed through the replies in this thread you were given some sound advise.

I will say the main comment that had me thinking you were fake was this...

Very, very good points. My plan was a little too simplistic maybe, I was thinking of going to get trained by Fellers on doing wraps, wrap my cars, build a web site, network a little in my neighbourhood and live the good life. Maybe a little to naive??

It sounded very sarcastic and had the feel of a prank.

Anyway...I hope to laugh about this with you in a couple years.