• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to forum

Banjo

Hi , am new to forum and the world of vinyl . "Old school " hand letterer for 30 yrs. Having problem with SignLab 5 bought used on Friday . Keep getting "Security Device Error 1" Have tried everything suggested !! Scrap it and buy New software ? Trying to get an older Summa D-60 running on my system . Any and all suggestions welcome .Thank You

Mosh

Sounds like a problem with the Dongle. You do have the security dongle plugged into a port right? If not you need to plug it into the serial port or usb port depending on what type, BEFORE you open SignLab. If you didn't get one when you bought the program you got hosed.

BobM

Sounds like a problem with the Dongle. You do have the security dongle plugged into a port right? If not you need to plug it into the serial port or usb port depending on what type, BEFORE you open SignLab. If you didn't get one when you bought the program you got hosed.

+1 on the dongle. If you have the dongle and it doesn't work, try reloading the software and plug the dongle in when asked during the install procedure. Good luck and welcome from Cape of Cod and :signs101:

Mosh

Just having a dongle with signlab is not enough you also need the license files.

Not for Version 5, not sure when the did the files, but I have a 5 and a 6e running and didn't need the files. On the v 9 I did though.

Banjo

Thanx a bunch folks for responding !! Will try to reload before install of dongle and see if that works .Again , thanx ..................banjo

Banjo

SIGNLAB 5 problem

Hi ,am running windows XP, Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times with and without dongle installed prior to any prompting ,also have checked BIOS/CMOS specs and all seems well !!SCREWED ?