• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to the business,NEED HELP

johnny english

Hello There,i`ve Been Applying Graphics To Vehicles For 13 Years Now,and Would Now Like To Take It A Step Further By Designing And Supplying Them As Well.
I Have Recently Purchased A 24inch Sign Cutter Along With Flexi Sign Pro 7.5 And Vehicle Outlines 2009,however I Have No Idear About Computers Or Software And Iam Struggling On The Basics.
When I Purchased The Vehicle Outline Dvds I Was Under The Impression That I Would Be Able To Import Images In To The Vehicle And It Would Cut It To Scale As It Said On The Advert.this Is Not As Simple As It Has Made It Out To Be.is There Anyone Out There Who Could Give Me A Basic Step By Step Guide On How To Set The Graphics Up In To The Outlines ,print A Layout To Show People And For It To Cut To Scale.i Know This Must Be Simple For A Lot Of People In The Business,but I Really Am Finding It Hard And I Dont Have The Money To Go On Any Courses.
Please Can You Help Me.
Thank You
Johhny English

Rodi

Welcome, sometimes it seems that our common language is our biggest divider! Experience will be your biggest issue.

Learn Flexi and also either Illustrator or Freehand. You know what you need and that is the biggest part, just learning how to use the software takes some time.

jiarby

You "have no idear about computers" but thought it would be cool to but a bunch of software and a plotter??

Let me paraphrase Obama... "you acted stupidly".

Experience is so valuable because it is hard to get, and usually very expensive.

I'd suggest you contact the people you bought the software from for instructions on how to use it.

DOGraphics

You "have no idear about computers" :doh:
but :doh:thought it would be cool to but a bunch of software and a plotter??

Let me paraphrase Obama... :ROFLMAO: "you acted stupidly". :ROFLMAO:

Experience is so valuable because it is hard to get, and usually very expensive.

I'd suggest you contact the people you bought the software from for instructions on how to use it.

:ROFLMAO:

signtologist

Johnny English

Someone with your last name doesn't seem to have a grasp on how to write. Caps on every word. Guy come on, I hope you are joking.

BobM

Welcome from Cape Cod. Get the software vendor to help you get started. If your software is already installed see if it has a tutorial section and use it. Go on-line for tutorial packages. Trial and error or get in the classroom. Good luck, it isn't easy in the real world.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I Am In Architecture and It Is A Style For Notation That Our Office Uses All The Time.

just my $0.02

The only thing worse than title case is YELLING ALL THE TIME. You're not putting notations on a blueprint, you're attempting to communicate. English is a poor enough vehicle without diddling the format into an incredibly hard to read exhibition of title case.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
LOL, remember when OP use to type every long winded reply in ALL CAPS...

Paragraph after paragraph...:rolleyes: :frustrated: