• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new to the business,NEED HELP

bella

Hello There,i`ve Been Applying Graphics To Vehicles For 13 Years Now,and Would Now Like To Take It A Step Further By Designing And Supplying Them As Well.
I Have Recently Purchased A 24inch Sign Cutter Along With Flexi Sign Pro 7.5 And Vehicle Outlines 2009,however I Have No Idear About Computers Or Software And Iam Struggling On The Basics.
When I Purchased The Vehicle Outline Dvds I Was Under The Impression That I Would Be Able To Import Images In To The Vehicle And It Would Cut It To Scale As It Said On The Advert.this Is Not As Simple As It Has Made It Out To Be.is There Anyone Out There Who Could Give Me A Basic Step By Step Guide On How To Set The Graphics Up In To The Outlines ,print A Layout To Show People And For It To Cut To Scale.i Know This Must Be Simple For A Lot Of People In The Business,but I Really Am Finding It Hard And I Dont Have The Money To Go On Any Courses.
Please Can You Help Me.
Thank You
Johhny English
What a great life. Thank the lord that I joined signs101. The people on this site are so caring and helpful it's unbelievable, they must have been send from haven. Another great month of business, bank manager is very happy because I just put in the bank another forty thousand dollars and hopefully it will be fifty next month. Printing and sign writing is so easy to do, all you need is software, and a secondhand printer cutter and of you go! Oh my dear what time is it I'm late for work I just had the most incredible dream. Oh well back to reality!!!!! :cool1:

neteffect

Hi Johnny English!

Glad to hear you've got equipment and stuff. I am starting out too. Would love to hear about things that you are doing. I have not purchased my cutter yet, but soon.

Feel free to pm me or whatever, might like to chat.

Congratulations on picking a sign business. Welcome :)

Peace.

iSign

Thank the lord that I joined signs101. The people on this site are so caring and helpful it's unbelievable I just had the most incredible dream. Oh well back to reality!!!!! :cool1:
compared to the comments that seem to bug you, your sarcasm just might be far more thoughtless, unfair & annoying to hundreds of dedicated people who have been genuine caring & helpful individuals here for many many years, on real, everyday topics of interest, to real, everyday small sign business owners...

...you have the perception you have from a few short weeks, and a few specific threads. You either don't see the big picture, or you choose to focus on the vast minority of what occurs here, to make your negative comments as some form of retaliation against that small slice of this community that you don't appreciate, when you could spend your time finding the value that exists alongside the personality or flaws you choose to focus on.

Point being, you are still dreaming, and the reality still escapes you. WAKE UP!

Pat Whatley

I'm gonna ask again...how come all the newbies who have no clue what they're doing, know nothing about the business, and can only afford $300 for a Chinese plotter ALL seem to be shelling out thousands of dollars to buy FlexiSign 7.5?

Another thing that makes you go "Hmmmmmm."

Joe Diaz

I'm gonna ask again...how come all the newbies who have no clue what they're doing, no nothing about the business, and can only afford $300 for a Chinese plotter ALL seem to be shelling out thousands of dollars to buy FlexiSign 7.5?

I think it's kind of funny. Not that I have anything against Flexi.

ATXsigns

Welcome from TX.

Google for Illustrator books, some are completely online. Read Em and practice.

Look for courses at the local community college, they are crazy cheap here FWIW.

Mikeifg

If your serious you might want to work for a sign shop for a couple years get to know the biz. Not to be mean but just because you buy the equipment doesn't mean you have the design skills for this trade. You might be a great installer but that doesn't always translate to the other part of the biz. And believe me you'll make more money or proffit as an installer.

bella

What a great life. Thank the lord that I joined signs101. The people on this site are so caring and helpful it's unbelievable, they must have been send from haven. Another great month of business, bank manager is very happy because I just put in the bank another forty thousand dollars and hopefully it will be fifty next month. Printing and sign writing is so easy to do, all you need is software, and a secondhand printer cutter and of you go! Oh my dear what time is it I'm late for work I just had the most incredible dream. Oh well back to reality!!!!! :cool1:
When I posted this original post it was not intended with venom. It was only a wake up call for anyone falling out of bed with the idea of becoming a sign maker or a printer thinking joining a form such as this form would be an easy ride and making a lots of money. I'm not suggesting for one minute that sign making and printing is not a profitable industry but one must realise you need a considerable amount of funds to get started. if someone has only $300 think again. This amount would only be coffee money for the month! :thumb:

lil Details

I'm gonna ask again...how come all the newbies who have no clue what they're doing, know nothing about the business, and can only afford $300 for a Chinese plotter ALL seem to be shelling out thousands of dollars to buy FlexiSign 7.5?

Another thing that makes you go "Hmmmmmm."

Hey Pat, looked back through this thread and fail to see where he said what cutter he got....just a 24" cutter WITH FlexiSign.....