• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New to the forum- And a question

Speedsterbeast

Wanted to say hello out there. A long time reader, but first time poster. Thanks to all for a wealth of info. I have been in the part-time vinyl business for 3 years, and am taking a serious look at going full time. Which eludes to my question. (One of many I am sure) I was looking at a Mutoh PJ 48" that is being sold by a fella who says it is about a year old, but never used once. I may have to make 2 day drive to go look at this unit, but before I go. Is there any way to tell if this is true (by the ink containers or something)? I have never used or seen one before, so I would like to get as much info as possible before I make a trip like this.

Cheers,
Cory

Marlene

why is the fella selling it? knowing that might make a difference. if he is still in business, I would question why he is selling it. also, get him to show you it running so you know it works.

White Wrapper

Speedster, I'm posting an Ad for a 48" Mutoh Falcon Outdoor this week...Mine is a year old also, I have been using it... Has been maintained by Signwarehouse.com whom is 3 miles from my shop. More info will be along with the ad... Good Luck

Mochistlan

the mutoh pj are good printers, the parts are quite expensive. the printer that it has been offered to you it is a mutoh PJ is dressed like fujifilm vybrant or vutek. ask them what kind of ink did they use. you can make a nozzle check pattern. check the firmware if it a mutoh firmware, fuji firmware of vutek firmware due that the pj series was sold by vutek some time and now is sold by fujifilm sericol. where the printer is located. probably I can help you. to do more testing