Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the ROland VS-540

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ScottyAdams, Jun 8, 2012.

1. ScottyAdams

ScottyAdams Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Hey guys,

So I cut and laminated and reloaded into the printer. Now how to get the printer to scan the crop marks? Read through the manual for the printer and versaworks and cant find anything in either one explaining the procedure. Can someone explain this for me please. Thanks guys!:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply-TT

CS-SignSupply-TT Very Active Member

May 31, 2011
    Scotty, I tried to find a video on www.rolanddga.com, but was unsuccessful. Go ahead and call 800-542-2307 and ask for technical support.

3. amw

amw Member

Just go into versaworks settings and change it from "print only" to "cut only" and leave everything else the same (you could turn off your heaters also if you want) then with the media relaoded hit "print" again.

The printer will scan for the marks and if laoded right will start cutting it.

Hope that helped.

Marsha

4. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    DO NOT hit "Get Media Width" in job settings again this can cause you issues. Just do as amw suggests above.

5. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    If need be get a sharpie and put marks on top on the lamination the same size and location of the crop marks if the machine has issues reading them