• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEW VersaCAMM VS-640

apex

hey everyone!

I am interested in maybe picking up a NEW VersaCAMM VS-640
I am sold on the metalic silver and white ink they have on this machine along with a 64" print

does anyone here actually have one of these, or has anyone seen it in a demo or have knowledge about it?
i am just curious if its worth the price or should i go with another brand printer that is also 64"

open to hear all opinions

epic grafix

Roland VersaCAMM VS-640

The VS-640 is BRILLIANT! Highly versatile and affordable. It's not really meant for high speed production but it's a great specialty printer given you have it configured to use LtC, C, LtM, M, Y, K, White(WHT), Metallic(MT).

DRamm76

I've had one in my showroom a few times now but can't keep a single one in stock! LOL. I've played with it a lot and really done some solid tests! I can't sell you one but feel free to hit me up with any questions..Good luck!

boxerbay

I looked at one yesterday. Prints awesome. Love the versatility. Great machine but the slower speed is bothering me. I have a seiko 64s now. The fastest speed on the vs640 is similar to seiko's 8 pass speed.

petepaz

two things i noticed
speed too slow...very slow!!!! when printing metallic or white
and i think you can only have set up to run metallic or white not both
other than that if you have a call for the metallic it prints great
you can really do some great stuff with it

shadi75

owner
I saw this beast at a supplier, i thought it would cost tons of money but it wasn't that expensive, i do have one question thou

Would this 8 color printer be competitive at giclee printing like the hp and canon 8 colors, i m sure it would do a better job then my versacamm vp.

Large Format

We have one on the floor, great printer and prints reasonable fast with CYMKLcLm mode. Plus how many of your competitors have the capability to print silver and white. It does not hurt to be different.

LivinLarge

its a nice machine...don't get me wrong.

But...

crazy slow when printing white or silver

and...

you MUST lam anything printed with the silver...possibly the white as well...but silver for sure.

Mike_Koval

the new VS units are great machines. Yes, the metallic and white is very slow in printing. You have to decide which is best for you. When set up as a dual CMYK printer, you are going to get very nice production printing speeds.

Having the option to print metallic will give an advantage of your competitors because they cant do it.

Lets not forget about the single head printing as well. 7 drop sizes as opposed to three give you virtually no banding and much smoother gradients. It is also gold plated to reduce static.

Last edited:

Driving Force

Does anyone have any real experience with these printers? Dothey work well and what kind of issues do they have?
I'm looking at a second printer to add to my shop. I have a jv-5 for my production stuff and high speed so speed isnt super critical. I do like the option of the white and metallic, I think we could do some pretty cool stuff with that and I would really like to have a backup printer as my mimaki is currently down and I'm waiting for a tech to come and repair.(thats a whole other topic that I dont want to get into:frustrated: , it just amazes me how unimportant a brokne down printer is to the manufacturers)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hyperdrive

I have one...It prints beautiful,albeit slow.. No real problems yet other than excessive machine auto cleanings(makes me crazy)..The prints are band free ,which is improtant to me!!! The white and silver inks are a little pricy.. I have sold alot of new product i normally would not have..It prints brilliantly on clear vinyl,static cling...

In my opinion...WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!