• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

new wacom tablet

GK

Very tempting, the 21 was too rich for me.

If you are a member of the NAPP keep an eye on their discounts page, i was able to pick mine up for $2050 shipped about 8 months ago, they had their standard 10% off and there was another deal running at the same time that allowed you to combine offers which...seems very rare these days, but sure enough it was legit.

cptcorn

adad
I never got used to using mine, unless I was doing something that actually required drawing. Normal redraws and misc design, i'm way more accurate with a mouse. However, drawings or painting in photoshop, these things are a must have... hands down...

I love mine though, even though I don't get much of a chance to use it...

GK

Does it mirror what is on your main computer screen or does it act like a 2nd monitor?

I have it hooked up to mirror the monitor and its laying down on my desk at a slight angle. We recessed a section of the desk so it fits in there nicely like a nice art easel and i can move it up or lay it flat to my liking -- depending on what i am designing or what tool I am using (the airbrush works way better angled as it seems more natural) and the other monitor is good to show customers the work or make changes with them in the room (but not looking over my shoulder because i cannot stand that :tongue: )

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
If I bought one of these Wacom monitors, I'd have to cough up the big bucks to get the 21UX version. The 12WX may only be $999, but you're also only getting 1280 X 800 native pixels. That's just not enough for my liking. The 21UX sports 1600 X 1200 native resolution -a much more productive level for applications like Photoshop and Illustrator.

I'll probably just keep sketching things by hand, scanning them and going over them with Photoshop's pen tool the old fashioned way and continue that for now.

Perhaps if Wacom ever came out with a 30" version of the Cintiq tablet (at 2560 X 1600 resolution) and it didn't cost a King's ransom to purchase I'd consider getting one.

511graphix

I have it hooked up to mirror the monitor and its laying down on my desk at a slight angle. We recessed a section of the desk so it fits in there nicely like a nice art easel and i can move it up or lay it flat to my liking -- depending on what i am designing or what tool I am using (the airbrush works way better angled as it seems more natural) and the other monitor is good to show customers the work or make changes with them in the room (but not looking over my shoulder because i cannot stand that :tongue: )

can you post a pic of your desk... I would like to see how you did that

wildhock

Same as 511, George I too would appreciate if you would post a pic. I had seen the direct screen version on orange county choppers and was very impressed. Price just a little too high for me. $999 is more in my range.

Jon