• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New wrap for shop truck

TimToad

I sure hope you're referring to me, cause I'm caught in this bind of "Do I completely discard what the previous owner did, or revamp a bit and keep the general theme similar so the old customers aren't too shocked."

I'm liking the cube more and more.

Alrgiht, last one for the night. I need a fine beer from my local craft brewery.

Cubes.jpg

Joe Diaz

What about creating your own custom/unique lettering style for your logo from scratch. Something no one else has. Then build your logo from that. Someone with your experience should be able to come up with something outstanding. I agree with others' comments about cmyk being overused. Sometimes it's good to have something recognizable that when people look at it they immediately know what type of profession it is, but I have always wonderd if the cmyk thing is that for sign shops. Print shops maybe. So if the cmyk thing isn't all that effective at informing the viewer what your business is, that's one thing, but if it cannot do that and also isn't unique, it probably won't leave a lasting impression. And it isn't so much those colors that is the problem, they are only colors after all, but what is significant and unique about the design itself? Have you ever considered thinking outside the box and coming up with something unique to you? We are creative types are we not? That being said, It is better than the majority of stuff out there, but I wonder if it could be even better, considering your experience level.

Marlene

What about creating your own custom/unique lettering style for your logo from scratch. Something no one else has. Then build your logo from that. Someone with your experience should be able to come up with something outstanding. I agree with others' comments about cmyk being overused. Sometimes it's good to have something recognizable that when people look at it they immediately know what type of profession it is, but I have always wonderd if the cmyk thing is that for sign shops. Print shops maybe. So if the cmyk thing isn't all that effective at informing the viewer what your business is, that's one thing, but if it cannot do that and also isn't unique, it probably won't leave a lasting impression. And it isn't so much those colors that is the problem, they are only colors after all, but what is significant and unique about the design itself? Have you ever considered thinking outside the box and coming up with something unique to you? We are creative types are we not? That being said, It is better than the majority of stuff out there, but I wonder if it could be even better, considering your experience level.

good idea. the lettering doesn't have to be from scratch, just a well modified font. it is one of my favorite ways to design a logo. cmyk is way over used and mostly only understood by people in the business. the version you had with the black and burgundy isn't a bad place to start.

TimToad

good idea. the lettering doesn't have to be from scratch, just a well modified font. it is one of my favorite ways to design a logo. cmyk is way over used and mostly only understood by people in the business. the version you had with the black and burgundy isn't a bad place to start.

Thanks to both you and Joe for the reminder to stretch myself a little on this. After all, it is the image I expect to "introduce" myself to the community with. I also don't want to be disappointed with it in a year or two.

Truth be told, I've just been swamped since I took over the business on May 1st after a year out of the business, so just keeping up with the work has been challenging. Not knowing anyone in the town I moved to, being separated from my spouse who arrives this upcoming weekend for two months, etc.. have all tapped my strength let alone my creative juices.

I feel like a few of my latest ideas are getting there, but still not to the level I feel capable of producing. Maybe, taking a step back, reuniting with my loved ones this weekend and getting through this hectic spell will allow me to put my best foot forward.

Stanton

Fred said I gotta stop being a butt hole.

But, I need to ask what the other side of the pick-up looks like.

TimToad

Fred said I gotta stop being a butt hole.

But, I need to ask what the other side of the pick-up looks like.

Its all beat up. Because I'm a left handed sign painter and favor that side, when I drink I only crash on the passenger side. i wasn't even going to wrap the other side. LOL