• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New XR-640 white and metallic ink configuration installed.. Very Impressive!!

hyperdrive

We had our New xr-640 installed yesterday .. We came from a vs-640 with white and metallic ink configuration, which I absolutely loved the machine and its output.
Our business took a good upswing, so we decided on the new xr-640 to give us the extra production speed we required.

The pro4 did not disappoint!!! The colors are vibrant,crisp and more detailed than the vs, not that the vs didn't perform well.
The print speeds are at least doubled on white and metallic prints. The white is Definitely more opaque than the previous inks (not just hype!!!).

The roland profiles are acceptable, but do require MINIMAL tweaking to get great results!!!

Anybody who may have doubts about the machine or are thinking about it ,don't wait, You will be missing out on an amazing piece of equipment!!

Attatched is a print on clear vinyl. The detail is great,colors are vibrant, and opaque (these go on carbon fiber fenders without any bleed through or loss of color)
Picture really does no justice!!

IMG_0994.jpg

petepaz

we have had ours since jan. very happy with it as well. we only got the metallic set up because we have the lej 640 and xc540 both with white. speed is great, metallic isn't so fast but it looks great. definitely a good machine for the price. it was a little rough at first because they didn't have all the profiles till about 4 weeks after we had the machine so we had trouble with the generic settings and didn't get the best color results. this is our 5th roland and they haven't disappointed yet.

hyperdrive

I concur..I love the look of the metallics ,Very nice touch to the prints. An easy upsell..I always show regular prints vs. metallic..The customer 9 out of 10 times takes the metallics.
30-40% markup depending..

Still over the moon about the vibrancy of the colors!!!

LittleSnakey

How about a pic on the carbon?
is the clear still on the white backing?
are the colors opaque?

We had our New xr-640 installed yesterday .. We came from a vs-640 with white and metallic ink configuration, which I absolutely loved the machine and its output.
Our business took a good upswing, so we decided on the new xr-640 to give us the extra production speed we required.

The pro4 did not disappoint!!! The colors are vibrant,crisp and more detailed than the vs, not that the vs didn't perform well.
The print speeds are at least doubled on white and metallic prints. The white is Definitely more opaque than the previous inks (not just hype!!!).

The roland profiles are acceptable, but do require MINIMAL tweaking to get great results!!!

Anybody who may have doubts about the machine or are thinking about it ,don't wait, You will be missing out on an amazing piece of equipment!!

Attatched is a print on clear vinyl. The detail is great,colors are vibrant, and opaque (these go on carbon fiber fenders without any bleed through or loss of color)
Picture really does no justice!!

View attachment 90138

hyperdrive

Oh yeah, Dan Ramm is the best technician we have dealt with Both he and Tyrrell tech are top notch..
Each time I print it impresses me more!! The metallic effects are incredible!!

hyperdrive

Here is a photo of the white decals printed onto clear applied to black. Alot of our stuff goes on dark surfaces..I was a little sceptical when I first got my vs... There was no doubt after the first print with the xr it was gonna work just fine..
. View attachment 90208

CarNate69

Is this a single pass white, or double pass?

What about printing gradients, and more complex artwork over top of the white? Any pics of this?

LittleSnakey

thanks for posting,
we never have been able to get solid colors on clear with our VP-540.
probably a profile thing but I thought it was because the inks were translucent and needed the white background to make them opaque.

Here is a photo of the white decals printed onto clear applied to black. Alot of our stuff goes on dark surfaces..I was a little sceptical when I first got my vs... There was no doubt after the first print with the xr it was gonna work just fine..
. View attachment 90208

hyperdrive

Yes 2 on the overprint. Getting the profile right is key... less is more!!! We always offer metallic on any color that is available, as a substitute color..When we show the metallic color chart ,easy
sell. Gradients we don't do with white..not that it wont..just we have no use..

honda gas tank decal..white and metallic together.
honda_50th_anniversary.JPG

Yamaha_YZF-R1SP_2006_13_1024x768.jpg
gold wheel decals (layer mode) that has been gel domed
gel_domed_gold_decals.jpg

CarNate69

Double pass on the white, unfortunately doesn't make it as impressive. I would assume the double pass adds a ton of time to production, with drying time, etc.

How long do you think it would take you to run a sheet that is 53" x 36" exactly as you have it in your image, including dry times?

hyperdrive

I run my under bases at standard pint mode, let it return to origin after 15 minutes of dry
then print my cmyk.. I would thing about an hour 1 15 minutes total.. Thats on the xr.. I believe I could speed it up some as well. I think I can spped up head without sacrificing quality.

parrott

Yes 2 on the overprint. Getting the profile right is key... less is more!!! We always offer metallic on any color that is available, as a substitute color..When we show the metallic color chart ,easy
sell. Gradients we don't do with white..not that it wont..just we have no use..

honda gas tank decal..white and metallic together.
View attachment 90216

View attachment 90217
gold wheel decals (layer mode) that has been gel domed
View attachment 90218

Very nice!