• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbi

Hi all, just jumping on for the first time, we are from the cold cold cold place they call Canada. Husband has been in the sign industry for 30 years opened his own company 15 years ago and I joined him 10 years ago. It is easier to say the only thing we don't do is Neon and Wood engraved signs. everything else is in house. vinyl, digital, embroidery, heat press, hand paint etc.

Thought I would just pass on a customer phone call I received today. New Client calls and wants a quote on a sign, gives me the size and says it is to light up. I respond with "is the box already there or do we need to make the whole thing'. Client responds "you don't understand I need a sign that lights up" (checked the date it is not April 1st) So I explained is this a building he is moving into that already has a sign over the door or across the front that has lights and he only needs the lettering or graphics done or is there nothing there and we would need to make the whole thing. client responds "you don't understnad there is no sign on the building it is out near the road and it has lights. AHHH I was getting somewhere, so I thought. I asked him if there is any Plexi or Lexan in the sign that needs to come down and be changed or does he need new pieces. Client responds " I don't think you know what you are talking about" so I pass him off to my husband (again checking the date to see if this was some kind of a joke) My husband spent about 10 minutes on the phone repeating everything I had just said and than the look on his face just went blank and he said I think I will have to come and see it. After getting off the phone and saying the client has also told him he didn't think my husband knew what he was talking about the client said "It's like the Santa Claus signs with the light in it" We have no idea what this guy means so on his travels this weekend my husband is going to swing by, just to find out what it means.
Friday the 13th and a full moon??
:Canada:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from Pennsylvania.....................

...... and a good story. Tell him you don't know what he means.... you're Jewish and don't understand the Santa Claus thing. :clapping:

TheProfessor

welcome from Maryland! maybe your customer wants some sort of molded plastic with an internal bulb... but that doesnt really make sense... from what I got out of reading your post, he probably does in fact need a plexi insert piece for a double sided light-up pylon sign... good luck :)

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Welcome from OK USA

There seems to be a bad connection between the customers brain and yours. I think you'll find it close to his. Very close!

Good luck!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
welcome from across the ditch.

sounds just like a customer you don't want....

imagine trying to get paid!!!