• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie, Critique Please

NitroTech

Hello everyone,

This is my first time posting a sign layout and I've really hit a wall, so I'm looking to get some brutally honest advice.

The sign is 6'x8', and will be located in a small rural town. The customer wants to see the snowmobile, boat and quad included in the design. All the text that's already on the sign is by my customers request.

I need the :design: desparately! Thanks.

Attachments

• Woodridge-Storage.jpg
    Woodridge-Storage.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 89
I don't like to put "Call" on a sign. Wasted space, IMO. I also prefer the phone number be in a much more-readable font. I like the rest of it OK.

"Deposit Please"

Space Available way too small. I would put it on bottom and center align above ph#. The font style for ph# needs to go. It looks off balance, maybe it's the images. I do like the woodridge storage tho.

Jthompson Designs

Woodridge storage is good but the phone number needs to be clear and like "deposit please" said put the space available above the number, I always use the "less is more" when designing, some times you can combine all the photos and feather them all at once, if that makes any scene. Good luck

signmeup

I would work on re-arranging things a bit. Get your message into one line. "Woodridge Storage" could use a bit more breathing space.

Attachments

• WoodStorage.jpg
    WoodStorage.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 56

Billct2

I would use isolated images, no background. It looks more like an ad for an outdoor sports store than a storage facility.

NitroTech

I really appreciate the input. I'm gonna put all the suggestions to good use. It drives me nuts how some sign layouts can bog a person down and nothing feels like its working.

I'm so glad I found this forum. :thumb:

Colin

It is your job (the sign expert) to direct the customer (the non sign expert) to a design that works. This is a disaster. Put one together for him with ONE or NO photo image. Drop the words "Call Dennis".

Jillbeans

I prefer the alternate "r" in the Woodbridge font.
The one you use has a hole in it.
On your bottom line, I can see that you are individually outlining script letters which should be welded.
Script should flow as if it had been actually handpainted.
I see people who do not handletter make this mistake quite often, as they simply don't know any better.
Love.....Jill

JR's

I like what signmeup did. and all of your photos have a big X going threw them I don't think that looks good. ;-}

JR

signmeup

Thanks JR. It was a quick and dirty hack job to give the OP an idea of a different direction to go. I would rather see a picture of the storage facility instead of the sport vehicles shown and the top sign needs a lot of work to make it nice.... it needs negative space most of all.

"Storage Space Available" might be a better message. Then tell them where and how much.

signswi

If you are forced to use images find a way not to feather the edges, feathered edges look terrible and old.

NitroTech

A redesign. Maybe this is worse, hopefully I'm moving in a better direction and not a disaster.

Attachments

• Woodridge-Storage-Green.jpg
    Woodridge-Storage-Green.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 50