• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie, Critique Please

Colin

A little better, but still way way too much information.

Look at your thumbnail. That is how the sign will appear from a distance. Can you read it? Now imagine trying to read it while driving.

Colin

In addition: Once you understand the fact that signs do NOT function the same as any other media (like business cards, brochures etc) you will develop a distaste for the inclusion of too much information in your sign designs. Less is More!

HulkSmash

In addition: Once you understand the fact that signs do NOT function the same as any other media (like business cards, brochures etc) you will develop a distaste for the inclusion of too much information in your sign designs. Less is More!

this

Colin

Hopefully you can see how the more "stuff" you put on a sign, the less effective it is.

Attachments

• Woodridge.jpg
    Woodridge.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77

signmeup

I didn't realize this was a business's main sign. I thought it was a billboard add. Or is it? You need to tell us what the sign is for.....

NitroTech

So true and a lesson I continually need to remind myself of. Thanks for the help everyone.

Unfortunately, the customer had to have his pictures. I managed to arrange it so it didn't look like a sports ad, but the 'less is more' was another good reminder.

Mike V.

So true and a lesson I continually need to remind myself of. Thanks for the help everyone.

Unfortunately, the customer had to have his pictures. I managed to arrange it so it didn't look like a sports ad, but the 'less is more' was another good reminder.

You can lead a horse to water...