• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie.. Kinda

JoshLoring

Hi all, not really a newbie but new to sublimation.

Our core is design but we do a lot of vehicle wraps. Since that side of our business has always done well, we got a new toy to play with. Mostly for our own stuff.. But I'm sure eventually we will do more client production.

So.. Bought a 44" mutoh dye sub machine and a dual 40/48 goxpress heat press. They gave us a loner 40" press because our dual press doesn't arrive till mid August. Having mad fun doing up shirts, carpets and stuff but I have a couple questions.

I've seen guys using inserts to help spread shirts. What are you using to make these? Posterboard? Then.. Do you reuse them? Wrap them in paper each time?

How about for the collars. Anybody have anything that lasts for multiple shirts or do you just throw some paper in there and toss it? The first shirt we printed we forgot to cover the collar area and pressed through the back. Hahaha! Lesson learned.

Thanks!

JoshLoring

No replies?
It's ok.. I'm ingeniituve. Heavy tagboard works great. 24x36, a hundred sheets around 50$ online. Cut the tagboard angled to fit shoulder and left a portion for the collar. Slides in fast and saves on setup time.

Now, I'll just keep a original for each style and size we offer. Should last a couple hundred hits especially if we throw some tissue paper on top.

Attachments

• image-3027919077.jpg
    image-3027919077.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3800407410.jpg
    image-3800407410.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 109

JoshLoring

Thanks. Been learning a lot own our own. Sucks we are on a loaner press. Our big dual press is slated for next week. Ugh... Been 4 weeks waiting.
2x+ for sizing

JoshLoring

I will mud! Just went to NBM at Long beach and learned a lot! The manufacturer was there and said our big press comes first thing next week! Stoked!
We made some shirts just for the show an got awesome response. A lot of people thought we had done cut and sew. Funny! Ask Chris at AZ Pro. He was there too.

JoshLoring

Update to all interested.
Just got our new press crated in. It's getting setup next week and we will spend a bit building out around it for output.
Looks like a transformer.

Attachments

• image-465405628.jpg
    image-465405628.jpg
    414.5 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2529305670.jpg
    image-2529305670.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 81