• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEWBIE looking for a good place to order Vinyl

rickCAD

I'm sorta new to this...... and i know i can save something on ordering vinyl via mail order. I have an old pc-1000 that i'd like to experiment with and cut a few things and stick them around the house.
Any suggestions on a good mail order outfit and is there a gauge or something i should know about.
Hey...
Thanks
And have a good day! :popcorn:

tomence

I don't know what's going on but Fellers is the most expensive out of all the suppliers that i have around me. I used to buy everything from them until i noticed they raised the prices without letting me know. So that was it i am sick and tired of asking them to match prices, every time i call them i have to let them know that i can get the same stuff from signoutletstore.com way cheaper.

Mosh

I don't know what's going on but Fellers is the most expensive out of all the suppliers that i have around me.

They price match for me, just ask them. I like them cause they have alot of stock.

K2

Fellers price match?

I use Fellers alot, they are more expensive on alot of stuff but once i pay for shipping from somewhere else it equals out pretty close, also cant beat that almost everything I order is here the next day. I do order some materials I dont need right away and I know that is cheaper from different places. You can definately find some places cheaper with free shipping but have to wait on there local shipping day and sometimnes could be week once you order.

rickCAD

WOW.... so many replys....

I quess to put it simply..... i'm looking for the cheapest easiest stuff to work with. I'm not in any hurry so i can wait so that why I thought mail order was good. And Ive only got one sign I going to try to start off with black letters. So what do I ask for when calling or looking for? I don't what any rolls any longer then 10ft i quess and 2 feet wide.... but is there a thk to start off with?
Anybody got some leftovers? :wine-smi:

tomence

I always pick up my stuff no shipping is needed coz there are 4 suppliers withing 10 miles radius. Out of those 4 Fellers is most expensive. I know they price match but i am getting sick and tired of asking every time i order. Sometimes i forget to ask for price match. I like'em because like somebody said they keep lot of materials in stock but for what i use everybody carries the same materials.

Malkin

Fellers (and a few others) may sell by the foot, but you will pay through the nose. Much better off getting 10 Yards at a time. The cheap stuff is, well, cheap.

Mosh

I get free shipping from Fellars. I do only buy 50 yard rolls though. I have had them match prices several times, and they were happy to do it and they keep that price on file and give it to me every time. Custom colors I only need a little bit of I print, in fact we only stock around 20 colors of film anymore. We used to stock at least 5 yards of every gerber color back in the day of vinyl.

We don't use "cheap" film, only 3M and Oracal high performance. BTW are you a sign shop, or just a "CriCut" type? Looking for a good film intermed film try the Oracal 651.

Pat Whatley

If you're just looking for a 24" x 10 yd roll you can spend all day checking different sites and not save yourself but $5.

Call Fellers and tell them you want a 24" x 10yd roll of Shine-Rite. Even with shipping you'll only be out about $20 and you'll have plenty to learn on.

Mosh

Shine Rite is sticky stuff, I tryed it and still like the 651 (for about the same price) better. Easier weeding.

You are right, if you are pissing over $5, you are in for alot of headaches in the sign biz.
Cheap is Cheap and Good is Good.

Pat Whatley

Oracal cuts better, weeds better, looks better, and last longer. None of those were requirement....they want cheap, Shine-Rite is cheap.