• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NEWBIE looking for a good place to order Vinyl

rickCAD

Im still looking at all these places that everyones suggested...
but somehow or another i end up at SignARama a mile or two down the road...
They had some 'intermediate" 14" on the shelfs that they sold me at $6 a yard..
(the had some "premium" 14" at $9 a yard)... now is that a decent price for 14"?...
Man this stuff can get confusing.....

thanx

rickCAD

Names,names,names

also.... is ORACAL the company? I quess i was thinking the only real companies that put this stuff out is 3M and GERBER..... and how do you tell the intermediate from the premium? it doesnt say it or the guage on the back..... hmmmmmm

RebeckaR

Oracal, 3M and Gerber are all brands. Call a sign supply company like Fellers or SignWarehouse - I believe SignWarehouse is a merchant member here.
Tell them what you want to use the vinyl for and they'll sell you the appropriate product.

tomence

Dude 6 dollars per yard is way to much for intermediate vinyl. That comes to 60 dollars for a 10 yard roll that you can buy from Fellers.
You can get Oracal 651 which is intermediate vinyl 24"x10yards for like $25. and get premium vinyl of the same size for like $50-$60.

Im still looking at all these places that everyones suggested...
but somehow or another i end up at SignARama a mile or two down the road...
They had some 'intermediate" 14" on the shelfs that they sold me at $6 a yard..
(the had some "premium" 14" at $9 a yard)... now is that a decent price for 14"?...
Man this stuff can get confusing.....

thanx

MikePro

That local SignARama is your best bet if you're just trying to order a couple feet at a time.
Hell, if you end up needing more material regularly, then try to strike a deal with them for their weekly scrap that just gets thrown out anyways. (or go dumpster diving yourself!)

You're not gonna get any deals unless you're ordering rolls of material at a time. When that happens, then talk to any of the Merchant Members from this site, in your area, and you'll get better materials for half the cost per sq.ft.

3M, Avery, and Oracal are the best to keep an eye out for, in terms of Premium.
if you still want the cheapest economy possible... mactac has always been good to me, but i will only trust it on cheap-o projects.