• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

<--Newbie to the site

JoshLoring

Thanks everyone.
-Ken, photo merge is a great feature from photshop and has improved over the years. In preparation of the photo I shot on a tripod and use the notchs as a guide for how many images I shoot. Shooting them with a tripod also helps ensure clarity and makes merging better.
Back in the day I used to overlap them all and clone tool away which as I'm sure you know takes a lot of time. Cs2 got much better and would pretty much merge all photos with minor touchup. Now I use Cs4_64bit and to be honest I have merged every panoramic I have now and they come out perfect everytime without any touchup.
So, to close I would say layer and clone tool after merging in older software or upgrade because over time, the time you save will be worth the investment.

Example: I merged a 14 photo panoramic in Cs4_64bit with each photo 12mp and it panaled them perfect in under 3 minutes using the photomerge option.