• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie wide format printer vs Famous Artist Illustrator, printer, graphic designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodion3028

We sort of wanted to do business together for things like wall decor, wallpaper, kids stickers, murals ect...

The Artist Graphic designer is saying we will use all meadie for wall decor ect... and buy Phototex removable re applyable media

I said I will get demo roll for prototype and small amount of samples, of Graphitex, Phototex, Static Cling, ect...
I have a whole roll of concept 201 in stock, this is for all sorts of jobs.

I asked my distributor where I bought the wide format printer ect...
He says just use concept 201, you dont need Phototex for now, its their recommended brand and they do sell Phototex as well.

The designer is saying since we work together you will need to print some samples on phototex ect, we can buy it, but I dont know how to approach this.

We dont have any jobs yet so we are sort of testing out the market or just want to show examples of what the material can do.

I am sort of leaning towards that we dont have any jobs yet and I am a newbie with no jobs as well... So maybe if the job does come up that when I buy it, also I dont know who should find the jobs, the designer asked if we can do sales ect cold calling, sales around the area.
But I sort of dont like the idea that we print, we do sales, we buy media, ect... ect... and the Designer doesnt spend any thing, only designs..

What do you think?

woolly

But I sort of dont like the idea that we print, we do sales, we buy media, ect... ect... and the Designer doesnt spend any thing, only designs..

sort of answers it really

Haakon

I think that since you more or less asked this same question (about media choice) about 2 months ago, and you still have no jobs should be a huge red flag..

If either of you are interested in doing the job of getting clients and sales, hire a sales person to get some work for both you and your designer. How are you making a living now without any sales?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Forget about the media for a moment. I think you need to have a written partnership agreement before you go any further.

JB

rodion3028

Finally the man has spoken written agreement the designer said we don't need any paper work for now like business plan. But u guys r saying get one I say too hard.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Finally the man has spoken written agreement the designer said we don't need any paper work for now like business plan. But u guys r saying get one I say too hard.

You won't say that when any of the many reasons for a written agreement have to be dealt with. It is a near certainty that your verbal partnership is going to fail as you have described it. If you are responsible for sales and production, then you should just license the designs from him and pay him a royalty on sales or just buy your licenses on the open market and go it alone.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If this an actual "famous" illustrator, they can sell their own stuff, or hire someone to sell it for them or get a rep to sell them.

Bly

If you're having problems now, wait till you're actually making some money.

The only partner I will ever have is my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.