• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie with a new Anagraph AE-75E

whitesand

I have been reading the forums for a while (you guys are great) and have a question...

I just bought a used Anagraph AE-75E plotter, and do not have a serial cord. I would like to hook it up with a serial to usb cord, but somewhere I thought I had read that Anagraph used a connetor that switched two outside pins. So my question is "Is anyone using an Anagraph hooked up with usb connector? And if so what kind is it? If no one is, then what kind of serial connector would you guys recommend?"

I have Corel Draw X3 but was thinking of getting winPCSIGN pro 2009 because I will need a driver (and its cheap), what do you guys think??

Thanks JOHN

SignManiac

I have Anagraph AE-101 hooked up with the serial cord, and use Corel X3 along with Co-Cut. Seems to be a good enough solution. I've never heard of winPCSIGN before.

Robert H. Bigart

How to cut direct from COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wireframe.

Export as a .DXF file.

Import your .DXF file.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter a PRINT.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,
Bob Bigart

Rodi

IF you are posting a solution in a PM,, why not post it for every one?
I put up my cocut pro 9 on ebay and did not want to be public about it. I thought it would help him. If I am going to profit, it seems really low class to me to say it to everyone. Of course, with ears like OP, who gives, right?

Last edited: