• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newbie with basic question

10sacer

Hello all,

I say I'm a newbie, but I've been in every facet of this industry for over 20 years. I currently am the Division Manager for a large retail display company that has invested over $1 million in brand new digital equipment to produce our own in-house graphics for our displays. (If you go to Lowe's or Home Depot - you've seen our displays).

Anyway, I've got a brand new Vutek QS3200, an MGE/Kongsberg iXL24 cutter/router and a Seal/Neschen AccuCure 60 liquid laminator and various other toys. We will be ramping up by the end of the month as I have operators in training classes as we speak.

Okay, here's what I'm looking for - we can build anything, but i don't have time to design this - i'm looking for plans for a 4x8 foot rolling media table. The tables that come with the Vutek are horrible, so we want to dismiss them and put in something more friendly.

Any help would be appreciated. By the way, we are located in Central North Carolina near High Point, Greensboro and Winston-Salem. We welcome the opportunity to work with other sign and display companies to create wholesale opportunities for printing, laminating and custom cutting.

So drop me a line if you wish to discuss.

Sean Miller
Elite Displays
smiller@elitedisplays.net

ChiknNutz

Hi Sean. I've been there for work (different business) as they have an office in Greensboro. Sounds like fun with all the big-boy toys there!

coyote

Ahhhhh....so you're the one! I used to do the lumber display panels for Weyerhauser's wood products for Loews and HD.

Back in the bad old days before digital printing.
C

RN

At this link there are plans for a 6x10 table. It might help you but not free. They actually have it listed on ebay. Good luck.
http://themarketking.com/EducationalProducts.html

I am in Cary, NC (outside Raleigh). I do outsourcing with a digital printer(magnets, banners, canvas, vinyl, etc). If you are looking for help, I'm interested. Thanks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You claim you can 'build anything' yet you can't throw together a simple table off the top of your head?

iSign

just made another of these in a few hours last month...

need:
(4) 2 x 4 x 96
(8) 2 x 4 x 45
(4) 4 x 4 x 36 +/-
(2) 1/2" x 48" x 96"
(100) 4" deck screws

Attachments

• 4x8tableplans.jpg
    4x8tableplans.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 62

10sacer

Generally when you build something its a good idea to have a planar drawing so your craftsmen aren't "throwing things together".

I figured if someone here had already designed something that was working and was robust that it would save me the time of having to answer 30 questions from the engineering and design departments.

Sorry if I offended your PhD status with a real-world question. Its not a simple table, Bob.

We have already built 4 5x10 tables on 8 inch casters with auto leveling jacks and self healing mats that can be raised and lowered to accommodate a variety of heights for different machines. The tables that come with a $400,000 printer are singularly useless - go figure.

Techman

bob's right,,
who the hell wants to make building a table complicated? its only a few legs and some flat surface.. sheesh..

Furthermore.. futuredcon. turning this personal and calling others names surely is not doing anything to enhance another's credibility.

futuredcon

10sacer simply stated that they could build anything but does not have time to design it and is looking for plans.Bob on the other hand jumped straight into the conclusion and gave it to him sitting nice and snug behind his Dell,And that makes him pretty much a fool if you ask me.Now i am going to go off to work and will await getting kicked off this forum for expressing myself.

drifter2130

I also hate the Vutek tables, I have a PressVu 200/600, anyone know where to get some good magnet rolls, for good price?

briankb

Premium Subscriber
@iSign what type of top (mdf, osb?) and cutting surface do you use on the tables and is there a vendor you recommend?

iSign

In my vinyl production rooms, I have MDO table tops covered with self healing mats available from most sign supply houses. In my fabrication area, the one i had built when this thread showed up, I used 5/8" AC ply, primed and painted, & I have an old scuffed up 1/8" sheet of PVC on it most of the time, for a smoother & easier cleaned table, but toss that aside & more serious carpentry or assembly tasks take place with heavy tools thrown all over & then clean up, put the PVC back.. and I can weed vinyl there, slide a $4K HDU sign on there for glue-ups, gilding or smaltzing etc...