• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Newby looking at USCutter 34-inch for vinyl car graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

derekw13029

Just going to throw my $0.02 out there.....

I like DIY. I have no problem with you coming here asking for help or knowledge. I understand why others might take it a little personally, and I understand I my opinion matters very little.

I don't do vehicle wraps (been trying to get the boss to go for it, but he doesn't want to get involved), so I can't offer any advice.

Other than good luck.

Hi-end printers, cutters, CNC machines, 3D Printers, hell even newer tech like Computational Hydrographic Printing are becoming much, MUCH more commonplace and much more easily available to the end user.

Combine that with all the free information online (which I am a huge supporter of, including this board) and I think it's clear to see where technology is going.

People will be free to create many more things as an end-user than ever before. Specialized production techniques will be available to any Joe Schmoe will a little extra cash and some time.

People here may not like it, but this is the future, imo.

jskwarek

Finally, someone who sees the future, and not some 70 year old with incontinence issues.

All I'm here to do is learn, you guys should really think about not allowing "preppies" on this site, if all you're going to do is bash us "Hobbyists". Why have a public forum that you all seem to be active on, if all you're going to do is bash those wanting to learn.

I will make one last comment to Kottwitz-Graphics, not that I have to prove myself to anyone. My photography career is a second business that my wife and I run. While I'd love to do it full time, the cost of private insurance along with other struggles in that particular industry, it simply doesn't allow me to do that at this time. But, it is much more than a hobby. In my career I was also a catalog photographer for our furniture manufacturing company so you could say it was a "real" job at one time. I started in photography just like I start in anything else. I researched, asked questions and learned and progressed my skills to where they are at, today.

I would suggest for those of you that think us "hobbyist" as idiots here to take money out of your pocket, instead of shunning, embrace us, teach us the way. That way we can make you old timers proud, instead of seeing a bunch of hackers out there that are going to continue to do what they do.

Seems silly to me but life is what it is, everyone is entitled to their opinions. As derekw13029 said, it's the way of the future, either get on board of get left behind.

Jackpine

As Sign Work stated ....
Roland ... Good
Graphtec ... Better
Summa ... Even Better

A good compromise would be a Graphtec CE 48".

I have a Ce3000Mk2 and have been cutting and contour cutting with it for well over 10 years. I don't abuse it and I have only once replaced the cutting strip. And I did that by trimming off the worn edge and flipped and re-installed with banner tape.
I also have a Summa D75 30" and a FC7000 24" and I do most of my cutting with the CE.
The Summa D75 30" was used and the FC7000 24" a demo with no wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.