• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News on any new HP latex printer?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
The only other machine in this price range with real white ink is the Mimaki UCJV printer. In our shop, this would replace 2 machines, so it seems reasonably priced to me. I'm excited

It is going to do amazing against the Mimaki, just the ink alone will be huge against mimaki, their inks expire so fast its crazy.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
HP is holding off on shipping customer units till March or April to give the dealer channel enough time to get up and trained. Our demo unit should be arriving any day now, we ordered it on Tuesday of last week and HP had them in stock. If you are in the New York City metro area that want to see the printer in person give us a call or send us an email.

(973) 808-8600
sales@thegrs.com

MikePro

son of a.... been wanting white ink option for ages but just got into a new 365 last summer! still eyeballin' the R-series but hot damn ida snatched up on the 700w in a heartbeat to replace my 26500

MachServTech

Really looking forward to this printer. They did the necessary engineering to make the white ink a profit center instead of a loss. A self-mixing tank with user-replaceable heads is where it's at for white. The Whiteness is very high, visual opacity 91% (L*:4.16 – a:0,48-b:2,34) from the datasheet below. Not like the greyish crap I have dealt with on some machines with a white channel. 3L bulk ink on the 800w

Data Sheet:
https://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c06990640

For the TLDR:
Printing modes:
1313 ft²/hr - Max Speed (1-pass)
388 ft²/hr - High Speed (4-pass)
269 ft²/hr - Production Fast (6-pass)
215 ft²/hr - Production Quality, Textiles and Backlits (8-pass)
183 ft²/hr - High Saturation (12-pass)
151 ft²/hr - High Saturation Backlits and Textiles (14-pass)
183 ft²/hr - White Spot (60%)
99 ft²/hr - White Overflood (60%)
32 ft²/hr - White Underflood (100%)
22 ft²/hr - 3 Layers Day & Night (160%)