• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Niche Market - I had an idea, what do you think?

Andy D

This may already be a thing & I'm just un-Aware...
There is this up-scale antique - consignment shop that is pretty cool and unique.
They cater to rich folk...Anyways, I have been seeing this truck parked in up-scale areas.
I think they get there real early and park the truck in the best spot to be seen and leave it all day,
then bring it back to the shop and put it in another area the next day.

Is this common? It got me thinking, you think a person could buy cool looking clunkers, offer the service of wrapping them and moving them around town every day?

upload_2019-7-26_15-54-7.png

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Plenty of folks do it. It's all dependent on where they're located- and whether there's someone who enforces the code prohibiting it.
This actually looks like it could be a truck used for transport- which is (likely) how the owner skirts any "no vehicles as signs" ordinance, if there is one. They can park the truck, say they were at xx location all day on a sales call or something, and repeat the next day in a new location.

Billct2

If the vehicle is registered and legally parked they usually can't do anything about it. It's done often enough.

bannertime

I'd be careful... Look under portable signs.

Thanks. We're more familiar with our sign ordinance than most of the code enforcement around here.

Arlington has outlawed portable (trailer) signs for years and years now. Specifically those black ones with the florescent letters. Our neighbor, Fort Worth, has outlawed them too, but didn't seem to start enforcing it until recently. But good luck trying to tell someone their 6x10 box trailer is just for advertising. Keep it in passing condition and use it, and there won't be any issues. If that means going and making deliveries and pick ups with it, then so be it. I also don't go around telling people to leave it in random parking lots.

bannertime

Good on you! We are about the same way. Ours is always tied up measuring grass, they wait for me to call before they do anything...

They do a little 40 hour course down in Austin and think they can come around throwing regulation without even understanding what the reg is and why it's there.