• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

NO BLACK after head clean!!!!!!!!

kustomkoncepts

I love printing on weekends with no support.

Of I was printing a file and got a drop of black on the print so I stopped it and did a manual head clean with Q-Tips.

when it restarted it gave me a Carriages detached error on the first pass.

turned off and on did a enviro-match.

started again but my black stripes are printing PINK.

did a HEAVY head clean in the menu but still Pink Stripes???

any idea thanks.

Jeremy

chopper

So when you do a test print does all the heads print ok except the black?
when you take the cover off and move the carriage over to the left (do a wiper replace under cleaning menu)
is there ink puddled in the capping station? ( if so you have a plugged line to the pump, or the pump is bad) clean the lines..or replace the pump..
after you have checked the above and you see that the black head is not printing on the test print, put a little cleaning fluid on the capping station and park the heads let it soak for a little bit say 15 min..
then take a syringe (without the needle) remove the front metal cover over the ink pump (three Philips screws) then remove the tube comming from the capping stations (two tubes) one is for the black-blue head the other for the magenta-yellow head, remove them from the Y connector before the pump
then put the syringe on the capping station line pull back gently on the syringe you will see cleaning fluid coming into the syringe and also some ink,
I will do this several times you should see black and blue ink come int the syringe if you have the correct tube if not you will see yellow and magenta
if you are not getting the black ink you could have a plugged damper and you all need to replace it, also check your ink lines to make sure there are no kinks etc.. also check and make sure that you are not out of ink..
if your head has lost its prime this will take care of it ..
good luck//chopper

kustomkoncepts

tedt print NO blue or black the whole left head is not firing.

so I got a syringe and did that got black and blue ink right away.

did another powerful clean still nothing.

chopper

if they both are out I would think that the print head is bad, or you have a loose wire, I cannot help you more than this I never had a head go on me
I do not know what drives it,(where else to look) sorry I tried to help but this is beyond what I have done...
//chopper

Mark Your Space

Could you have clogged the heads with cotton fibers from the Qtip?

All the instruction I have received is very specific about using materials that don't "shed".

Unfortunately I can't tell you how to unclog this.

kustomkoncepts

Thanks all. it is not a blocked head the head is out.

Problem now is I own $4,000 on it yet and will cost $2,000 to fix.

Roland will give me $6,000 on there new Cash for Clunkers deal trade in on it toward a XC 540.

I think will all that has been wrong with this printer it is a lemon and I don't want it anymore.

But who is to say that the XC won't be a broken down mess in 4.5 years?

Oh well it only money right.

Robert M

Head problem

If you want to go one step further, with the machine unplugged, try switching the ribbon cable from the bad head to the with the ones from the head that is firing. Run a test and see if it fires. If it does you may have a blown fuse on one of the boards. They local tech should have one, but it needs to be soldered in place.

Mason

Id replace the dampers first, probably the cheapest way to find out if it in fact is the head.

kustomkoncepts

here is what it did when I switched both ribbon cable top to top bottom to bottom.

Blue and cyan fire no MG or YL so it looks like the head can fire it may not be the end of the world and is only a fuse. Proplem is a fuse blows for a reason and usually will blow again because there is a short in the head.

Thank you all so much again for the help and support.

Last edited:

kustomkoncepts

I am showing this to help others if they get the same problem.

did not even get a tech guy out here yet. but through signs 101 help I determined that it is a fuse to the head that blew. attached is the small soldered on fuses in position F2 & F3 on the main mother board.

it is a $2.00 part.

my tech guy said he can't solder a new one one and needs to replace the whole board.

$1,500.00

I said order me a fuse overnight I WILL SOLDER IT MYSELF.

I hope that it does not blow right away again. I hope to be back up soon and save $1,500

Last edited:
The fuses are available from Roland, and yes, they are replaceable...with a steady hand and soldering tip! Be sure to UNPLUG the electrical cord BEFORE you do any electrical work, the fuses will blow immediately. Clean and re-set the cable card(s), a dirty connection will blow a fuse and is a very common issue.

wochi

can you tell me the reference of the fuses? Roland won´t sell them without installation where i live.