• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No longer offering Font finds

myront

CorelDRAW is best
After further consideration I will no longer offer font finding. Don't get me wrong, i'm more than happy to help out once in awhile but this font thing has gotten out of hand. Part of a designer/signmakers job is knowing the proper resources to identify fonts. If you can't find it you will have to inform the customer/client you cannot use the same font. As stated in other posts regarding fonts there is software for purchase at a more than reasonable cost and CorelDRAW for one comes with "WhatTheFont" plugin that works wonders.

let the bashing begin

J Hill Designs

After further consideration I will no longer offer font finding. Don't get me wrong, i'm more than happy to help out once in awhile but this font thing has gotten out of hand. Part of a designer/signmakers job is knowing the proper resources to identify fonts. If you can't find it you will have to inform the customer/client you cannot use the same font. As stated in other posts regarding fonts there is software for purchase at a more than reasonable cost and CorelDRAW for one comes with "WhatTheFont" plugin that works wonders.

let the bashing begin

I still will /shrug

TimToad

I for one, only ask when I've either exhausted my own search efforts or am having such a mental block that I just can't find it.

I didn't realize that it was compulsory for any of us to identify a font. I do it gladly whenever I can beat Fred, JHill or Tiki to it and consider it payback and paying it forward for having such cool peers to mingle with here.

Hope you contribute what you can ONLY when its convenient to do so.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I think it is up to each member how much help they choose to give to others on the board. But... I will say - as a former typesetter and current font aficionado - that I get stumped by a font too. Sometimes it's a very basic one that I just couldn't put my finger on until someone else tells me what it is. Even after what the font or other font ID methods. Especially serifs because there are so damn many of them now that look almost identical. I will continue to help where I can because that's what we do for each other in a community. I'm sorry to hear you won't.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're welcome to do as you feel best for you. I will continue to ID fonts when I can because I enjoy doing it, it helps others and it makes Signs 101 of higher value to some.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I too, think it's quite silly to be asking for font ID's all the time, but like mentioned, is there someone holding a gun to your head to oblige ??

This whole thing was discussed just last week and unless you didn't read or see it, it was quite eye opening.

They used to have a show on television called.... I can name that tune in _ _ _ so many notes. This is much the same, except sound isn't necessary.

You've only been here a little over 1/2 a year. How 'bout those of us who have been witnessing this for 10 years and some around 13 years ?? :rolleyes:

strypguy

No bashing here. I help when I can and appreciate others help on the one's I can't figure out. I don't see anything wrong with that. John

Billct2

let the bashing begin
This is like the unhappy poster who loudly that "we're a bunch of jerks and I will never darken you door again".
Just ignore the posts that you don't want to be involved in.
I for one love the font id, and I too only use it as a back up to my search.
I've only stumped the committee once.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I too, think it's quite silly to be asking for font ID's all the time, but like mentioned, is there someone holding a gun to your head to oblige ??
This whole thing was discussed just last week and unless you didn't read or see it, it was quite eye opening.

They used to have a show on television called.... I can name that tune in _ _ _ so many notes. This is much the same, except sound isn't necessary.

You've only been here a little over 1/2 a year. How 'bout those of us who have been witnessing this for 10 years and some around 13 years ?? :rolleyes:
:pops_blinking:

We've just added a powerful new mod to our lineup. It's called Selective Thread Clicking. It's not the simplest mod to use though but here's how it works. When you see a thread that you don't want to read, don't click on the link that opens the thread.

I tried it on a couple of threads about replacing inkjet printheads, since I don't own an inkjet, and it worked great!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
This thread reminds me of some of the whiny people I see on Facebook that threaten to delete their account because of somebody's comments or whatever else twisted their panties that day.
All I can say is "see ya". Can't say I recall seeing much input from you anyway. Not sure what got you butthurt.

J Hill Designs

This thread reminds me of some of the whiny people I see on Facebook that threaten to delete their account because of somebody's comments or whatever else twisted their panties that day.
All I can say is "see ya". Can't say I recall seeing much input from you anyway. Not sure what got you butthurt.

maybe because s/he didn't get a 'thank you' on the last one s/he did (4/26)