• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No longer offering Font finds

Dennis422

While we are on the discussion, can you let me know what this font is :banghead:

Thanks in advance :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Attachments

• sam.png
    sam.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 102

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Kind of a strange thread.

I'll admit getting annoyed by some font ID requests when the typeface in question is widely available and commonly used. People who design signs for a living or do other types of graphic design should have a decent level of typographic knowledge. Usually if see a ID request for something painfully obvious I just move on to a different thread. It's usually not long at all before someone else ID's the typeface anyway. The font ID requests are more interesting when the typeface in question is something that would get many of us self-professed "experts" stumped.

Legit complaint: the font ID font requests do pile up and bury any other discussions related to type. It makes me wonder if there should be a different page for type talk that doesn't involve font ID requests. There's plenty of things that can be discussed, such as new typefaces just released, type building software, technical problems with certain typefaces or how certain design programs handle type, etc.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
One thing I would like to see... Fred Weiss are you listening and able?

If there was a way to mark the threads as being SOLVED to avoid having to read each one only to realize that someone figured it out already.

If there is a reply from Tiki or J Hill then I know it was likely found and I don't bother opening it.

Perhaps a MOD can change the thread title to SOLVED somewhere upon it being done

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One thing I would like to see... Fred Weiss are you listening and able?

If there was a way to mark the threads as being SOLVED to avoid having to read each one only to realize that someone figured it out already.

If there is a reply from Tiki or J Hill then I know it was likely found and I don't bother opening it.

Perhaps a MOD can change the thread title to SOLVED somewhere upon it being done

Wouldn't that mean closely monitoring practically 1/2 the posts in this place ?? And who would know ?? Sometimes what was thought to be correct, was off by a little bit.... and the search continues. Take quite a lotta time for that one.

An easier way, would be for the OP to come back and kindly tell us all, it's been solved, maybe with the report button, then perhaps it could be tagged.